2023 Transfer Portal

18 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Troy Spratley in the portal. Wonder why he left Minnesota? 

Also, is there a specific place you guys think he may land ? 

Maybe Oklahoma with Prata exhausting eligibility 

Edited by flyingcement

Patrick Nolan in the portal for Michigan.  He was going to be their starter next year while frosh redshirt (Mattin is likely off to Med school).

I hope he heads to a MAC or SOCON school and ends by qualifying for NCAAs next season.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, poorwrestler said:

Unless Ayala doesn’t plan on wrestling 125 this year, or any of the next 4, I don’t think he’s going to Iowa.

Oklahoma or Oklahoma state are my bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Iowa has more of a shot then OU. OU has Joey Cruz at 125 and Henson at 133 with 2 studs coming in at 133/141 (Zan F. & Anthony S.) 

Plus Iowa will need a 133 after Teske leaves. So they can work it out if he and Iowa both want him IC. It’d be a MAJOR get if they don’t get Nagao and land Spratley. 

but why are you guessing OU and OKie State? Is it because it’s close to Texas?

I think Iowa has more of a shot then OU. OU has Joey Cruz at 125 and Henson at 133 with 2 studs coming in at 133/141 (Zan F. & Anthony S.) 

Plus Iowa will need a 133 after Teske leaves. So they can work it out if he and Iowa both want him IC. It’d be a MAJOR get if they don’t get Nagao and land Spratley. 

but why are you guessing OU and OKie State? Is it because it’s close to Texas?

I don’t think Spratley ever intends on being a 133. And he isn’t willing to consider sitting out this year. That’s partly why he’s leaving imo. So unless Ayala intends on sitting this year and moving up to 133 the next I think Iowa is a tough sell for him. But ya never know.

39 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Unless Ayala doesn’t plan on wrestling 125 this year, or any of the next 4, I don’t think he’s going to Iowa.

Oklahoma or Oklahoma state are my bet.

Ayala did wrestle his last tourney of the year up at 133. Many of us on HR speculated he just didn't want to cut weight and there was better competition at that particular open at 133 (which was true), however it was also pointed out by somebody later on that he'd heard Ayala's cut to 125 was harder than we thought. Plus for a guy coming off a shoulder injury -  lifting and getting bigger/stronger is probably a better long term plan than continuing to suck down to 125. 

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It is undeniable that Penn State has had, by far, the best recruiting in terms of NCAA success.  Multiple classes with at least 3 or 4 top 10 p4p guys.  But....that's not an insult?  That's a huge component of the job, arguably the biggest.

Maybe on par with 'getting along with the administration'.

Every other thing is below those two.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

It is undeniable that Penn State has had, by far, the best recruiting in terms of NCAA success.  Multiple classes with at least 3 or 4 top 10 p4p guys.  But....that's not an insult?  That's a huge component of the job, arguably the biggest.

Purportedly, Iowa did not even contact Aaron Brooks or Carter Starocci when they were in HS.

If you're a program trying to beat Penn State, that seems like coaching/recruiting malpractice to me.

6 hours ago, flyingcement said:

The two guys following Spratley on Twitter that are coaches of other teams are Coleman Scott and Tony Ramos (if that's what Kleuver is trying to tell us)

I'm sure the NCAA is on this. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

9 hours ago, Idaho said:

Seeing that Nickerson is interviewing 

Saw that and immediately thought that sucks , so many high level assistants out there and yet we ll propbably see Nickerson snatched up and then who the hell know what happens to northern Colorado , they are finally starting to build something in greeley too

22 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Saw that and immediately thought that sucks , so many high level assistants out there and yet we ll propbably see Nickerson snatched up and then who the hell know what happens to northern Colorado , they are finally starting to build something in greeley too

In the words of @GreatWhiteNorth this stinks!

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Truax couldn't say no to the big bag of $250,000 offered by the Brands Bros.

With $250k for Truax, $500k for Woods, gotta figure $200k/yr for each of the two little Ferrari so that's $2.75M plus I'm sure the Focus will demand $665k/yr so total bill = $4.745M but what about the other fill in guys?  Can Iowa really afford this?

Edited by ionel