Something the NCAA championships don't need tonight

SocraTease

21 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

But most attending NCAAs went to the colleges that are competing or some other college.  If you look at the voting patterns/demographics of college graduates, most are liberal and less religious than the population as a whole.

"If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart.  If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain"

• Fire 2

16 hours ago, Jason Bryant said:

There’s a bracket at the NYAC with the Donald getting pinned in a tournament. I saw the screen shot on a friends phone this weekend. Like it or not, he did wrestle.

Great - as soon as I see that bracket, I'll be a believer.

Otherwise, we're still at square one - everyone insisting something's true without anyone provide any documented evidence.

2 hours ago, mykidsucks said:

I now know who is a rabid democrat, rabid republican, reading these replies.   To all those who replied with a neutral response, with you.  

Rabid republican- Believes it's okay to attack police officers and try to overthrow a free and fair election in order to install a sit-time bankrupt, stupid,lying racist who brags about sexually assaulting women as king of America

Rabid Democrat- Thinks the above is a bad idea.

BOTH ARE THE SAME! 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

Otherwise, we're still at square one - everyone insisting something's true without anyone provide any documented evidence.

You are questioning Jason Bryant one of the most respected journalists and media professionals in our sport.  His work is recognized in the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.    You are obviously just here to troll.  

19 minutes ago, buckshot said:

Rabid republican- Believes it's okay to attack police officers and try to overthrow a free and fair election in order to install a sit-time bankrupt, stupid,lying racist who brags about sexually assaulting women as king of America

Rabid Democrat- Thinks the above is a bad idea.

BOTH ARE THE SAME! 

Thank you for participation.  

Edited by mykidsucks

I don’t know whether to post the bracket or the clip from Family Guy about Kevin Bacon not being in Footloose.

I was also traveling yesterday, so my humblest apologies in not instantly providing proof. I hate politics, and there’s a lot of people in our sport I wish wouldn’t identify themselves as part of our community.

2ba0e8fda3fd84521b2d3df3fb7d7ef9.jpeg

But here’s the pic my friend took when he was at the NYAC not that long ago.
  • Haha 1

Jason Bryant hasn't worked here since 2008. 

2 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

I don’t know whether to post the bracket or the clip from Family Guy about Kevin Bacon not being in Footloose.

I was also traveling yesterday, so my humblest apologies in not instantly providing proof. I hate politics, and there’s a lot of people in our sport I wish wouldn’t identify themselves as part of our community.

168 lbs?  I'm assuming this was a Cadet aged bracket. 😉

It's ok, Donald, I'm fat, too.

... and let's add one more log to the fire. Once I saw Harlow's name, I researched the National Preps (I've got the placers in a separate database) and sure enough, this is the 168-pound bracket at the National Prep Championships in 1962. 

1. Bill Harlow (St. Andrew's, Tenn.)
2. Roger Oleson (Hill School, Pa.)
3. Marshall Taylor (Norfolk Academy, Va.)
4. John Logan (Friends, Pa.)

• Fire 1

Jason Bryant hasn't worked here since 2008. 

11 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

For the record, I have no problem with him being there.  Plenty of people I don't like go every where all the time.

Exactly----after all, they allow Io_a fan in, don't they?  😉 

(lighten up, Francis...  ) 

1 hour ago, Jason Bryant said:

Thank you. I stand corrected.

• Fire 1

Aside from trump for recently claiming the greatest existential threat to Americans, are other Americans (and we ain’t taking about the rich here in his mind). Kudos to him for a) coming to nationals and staying the whole time. The greatest wrestling show on earth after worlds and perhaps tsbilsi.  b) kudos to ESPN for not showing him beyond the one time they did. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

At least he got out of the first period

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah, I noticed that too. 

As for any controversy, Trump is a private citizen and can go where he wants.   He pays the entry fee, he gets in.  It really is pretty simple.   Making this about politics is ridiculous.   Did anything happen that wouldn't have happened if Trump was not there?  In a bad way I mean, other than folks wanting to get an autograph or a pic. 

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Fire 1