Penn State no longer "fun"?

Jimmy Cinnabon

Cael no longer wants to share secret sauce at Penn State with others. 

Too many other teams have already copied  and adopted the joys of dodge ball, play wrestling in practice, cutting smaller amounts of weight, Win Dixies, and generally enjoying the sport as opposed to beating themselves to death "Iowa style".

6 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I haven’t really heard a Penn State wrestler talk about much of anything except maybe Starocci talking about how great he is

Yeah, that kid is...NOT lacking confidence!

I kinda like it. I also like how the kid headed to Iowa is calling him out. 

You can't be great without that level of confidence...you probably don't need to articulate it at all times and I personally preferred the manner in which Starocci's current head coach conducted himself on the mat, but when you win, you get to talk a little more.

24 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

But do guys like Starocci affect the team's chemistry? Their personalities don't fit the PSU mold. The last time Cael had "me first" guys who take themselves too seriously in the room was who, Suriano? And look how that turned out.

This is what people don't understand about the Penn State coaches style. They let the wrestler wrestle their own style and be their own person. Google some interviews with Quentin Wright. He articulates it very well. He said that he was trying to be Cael when he first got the coaching job and was regressing. The coaches encouraged him to wrestle like Quentin Wright rather than Cael Sanderson. Well, the results speak for themselves.

And the team gets along very well with Carter, as do the coaches. And the results speak for themselves there as well. Two individual titles. Two team titles. Probably three and three in a month.

• Fire 2

45 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

But do guys like Starocci affect the team's chemistry? Their personalities don't fit the PSU mold. The last time Cael had "me first" guys who take themselves too seriously in the room was who, Suriano? And look how that turned out.

It's Wrestling. They're all Me First guys when you come down to it. I mean...you have Drake Rhodes types(which I say with a great deal of respect...a '57/'65 going up and Wrestling Brooks was...ballsy). 

But your horses at a School like PSU...you're out there by yourself. 

I'd say Snyder was just as much a "me first" type guy when he was leaving OSU and Wrestling Freestyle...and I had zero issue with that.

18 hours ago, buckshot said:

Cilantro is way overused nowadays. I understand it tastes like soap to some people, it doesn't for me I just think everything has too much cilantro.

important point - I have decided to launch a full investigation.  will report back when completed

13 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Yeah, that kid is...NOT lacking confidence!

I kinda like it. I also like how the kid headed to Iowa is calling him out. 

You can't be great without that level of confidence...you probably don't need to articulate it at all times and I personally preferred the manner in which Starocci's current head coach conducted himself on the mat, but when you win, you get to talk a little more.

In an imagined world where I am chasing my third NCAA title as a Junior, I might strain to stay within the boundaries of humility in the heat of battle.