Favorite wrestlers to watch

VakAttack

For me, my favorite two wrestlers to watch are Bryce Andonian and Austin Gomez (and yes, I'm including Hawkeyes in my analysis).  Keegan O'Toole seems to have taken a slight step back in his dynamism, IMO, or else he would be up there, too.  I've also enjoyed Real Woods, Spencer, Swiderski, and Yianni.  Kerkvleit and Brooks from PSU has all the tools, but aren't quite putting if all together (from aesthetic perspective; results are great!)

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

For me, my favorite two wrestlers to watch are Bryce Andonian and Austin Gomez (and yes, I'm including Hawkeyes in my analysis).  Keegan O'Toole seems to have taken a slight step back in his dynamism, IMO, or else he would be up there, too.  I've also enjoyed Real Woods, Spencer, Swiderski, and Yianni.  Kerkvleit and Brooks from PSU has all the tools, but aren't quite putting if all together (from aesthetic perspective; results are great!)

I love Gomez and Andonian as well.  Since you mentioned them, wonder if you have seen any of Luke Nichter of Drexel.  Check out the opening move in this one

• Fire 5

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

I love Gomez and Andonian as well.  Since you mentioned them, wonder if you have seen any of Luke Nichter of Drexel.  Check out the opening move in this one

Gomez has one heck of a strong bridge. 

• Fire 2

3 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Oh that was nasty all the way around. I'm grateful they didn't stop that pinning combo from Gomez, too. 

• Fire 1

I would go with the fellow that has engendered so much discussion on the other threads tonight.  There is something unique about watching Lee fire off the opening whistle and go as hard as he can as long as he can.

I haven't seen O'Toole since the preseason exhibition.  Through that match I'd probably have had him second, I love his balance and crispness.  But I have seen a couple of comments like Vak's about him being a little flatter during this season than he was before.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

My list is pretty much the same.  Bryce, Austin, and Ed Scott is fun to watch too.  Go for broke styles all around.

Appreciate the artistry from RBY and Brooks, and Spencer's power, but hard to beat throw-or-get-thrown guys for sheer entertainment value. 

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Favorite by weight class as of this moment in time:

125: Matt Ramos

133: Lucas Byrd

141: Andrew Alirez

149: Austin Gomez

157: Ed Scott

165: Mikey Caliendo

174: Micky O'Malley

184: Lenny Pinto

197: Yonger Bastida

285: Dayton Pitzer

125: Lee (just because I have never seen anything like that before) or Medley (really pulling for him to go on a vision quest and end up on the podium..tall order i know)

133: Byrd

141: alirez

149: Van Ness (right now just want to see how he's developed and continues to grow)

157: Andonian

165: toss up between Carr/Hamiti

174: Ruth (It's like watching paint dry sometimes, but he just keeps winning and I keep watching...)

184: Keckeisen

197: Beard

285: Parris

• Fire 3

"Look good, feel good, wrestle good." - J Jaggers

8 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Beau Bartlett, Max Murin, Cole Matthews, Yahya Thomas.

On weekends I rewatch the Evans-Kokesh-Storley-Brown wars. Dizzying amounts of action 

Kokesh usually pushed the action against Evans and Brown. The matches with Storley were admittedly were measured. They wrestled against each other from the time they were like 5 years old.

Nothing was more exciting than the Fix v. Suriano matchups.

(Watching those matches on repeat is what I assume hell is like)

But really any of the top guys at 165 are fun to watch, even in low scoring matchups. 

Edited by Crotalus

4 hours ago, JBluegill133 said:

125: Lee (just because I have never seen anything like that before) or Medley (really pulling for him to go on a vision quest and end up on the podium..tall order i know)

133: Byrd

141: alirez

149: Van Ness (right now just want to see how he's developed and continues to grow)

157: Andonian

165: toss up between Carr/Hamiti

174: Ruth (It's like watching paint dry sometimes, but he just keeps winning and I keep watching...)

184: Keckeisen

197: Beard

285: Parris

3 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Spencer Lee, Bryce Andonian, Tanner Cook, Vito and Yianni.

1 hour ago, BerniePragle said:

Bryce Andonian, Ed (headlock) Scott, Gomez, Spencer Lee, Vito, Hamiti, Brian Soldano, Wyatt Hendrickson, Ridge Lovett

All good additions, big oversight on my part not including Hendrickson.  Also, blanked on Alirez, who is a TON of fun to watch from neutral.