NCAAs 2025: Philadelphia

flyingcement

Saturday night of NCAAs next year is my 40th birthday and I will be flying cross country back to my roots in Philly for my first ever NCAA championship.  

Anyone else already committed to going?  I'll be staying with friends so I don't need accommodation myself, but can try and offer some advice for those visiting from out of town.  

There are a couple of pockets you'll want to avoid, but a lot of wonderful parts of the city to see.  if you're a history buff, of course a lot of colonial history from when Philadelphia was the nation's capital and a birthplace of our country.  

I am pumped.  However - I now feel the need to ask for clarification.  Will the Revenue Sharing and Non-Revenue Sharing Tournaments both be held in Philly?  or will I need to fly multiple places to catch both?

12 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

Given the short trip to Philly (currently live in the DC area) and that I haven’t been to  NCAAs since 2005, I’m going to try to attend. 

as it gets closer to the date, we should set a meetup spot and grab some beers at some point

• Bob 2

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

as it gets closer to the date, we should set a meetup spot and grab some beers at some point

Where's the birthday party?  And I thought you didn't drink or maybe I've got you confused with Wkn?  😉

• Fire 1

For me.....46th NCAA Championship dating back to 1972 (Maryland).....this will be 40 in a row, dating back to 1985 (Oklahoma City)....before I retired, it was a vacation, today.....it's still a vacation....lol.  Some day I plan on being the last man standing....oh, and by the way, I can prove I've been to each of those NCAA's!!!

jimkeen.jpg

ncaatickets2.jpg

ncaatickets3.jpg

25.jpg

IMG_1567-copy.gif

IMG_1548.gif

IMG_1555-copy.gif

IMG_1574-copy.gif

IMG_1552-copy.gif

• Bob 3
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 6

11 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Saturday night of NCAAs next year is my 40th birthday and I will be flying cross country back to my roots in Philly for my first ever NCAA championship.  

Anyone else already committed to going?  I'll be staying with friends so I don't need accommodation myself, but can try and offer some advice for those visiting from out of town.  

There are a couple of pockets you'll want to avoid, but a lot of wonderful parts of the city to see.  if you're a history buff, of course a lot of colonial history from when Philadelphia was the nation's capital and a birthplace of our country.  

I am pumped.  However - I now feel the need to ask for clarification.  Will the Revenue Sharing and Non-Revenue Sharing Tournaments both be held in Philly?  or will I need to fly multiple places to catch both?

This was my first and only time I attended the  NCAAs - roughly 2 1/2 hr drive. I’ll do it again this season.

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, Fadzaev2 said:

For me.....46th NCAA Championship dating back to 1972 (Maryland).....this will be 40 in a row, dating back to 1985 (Oklahoma City)....before I retired, it was a vacation, today.....it's still a vacation....lol.  Some day I plan on being the last man standing....oh, and by the way, I can prove I've been to each of those NCAA's!!!

So were you there for fly's birth?

• Haha 1