WFS 50kg: Vinesh Phogat (India) missed weight

• peanut changed the title to WFS 50kg: Vinesh Phogat (India) missed weight

Not receiving a medal is part of it.  I feel bad for her, because it has to be crushing, but one of the first requirements is that you have to make weight.  I feel worse for 2 other people in her weight.  1.  Sarah now does not get to have a true Olympic gold medal match.  People are always going to bring that up and that is not her fault.  2.  I might even feel worse for the Japanese wrestler who lost in the semi's, but now does not get a chance to move on to the finals.  It doesn't make sense to me that they would not advance her instead of advancing the Cuba.  

13 minutes ago, Husker U said:

Not receiving a medal is part of it.  I feel bad for her, because it has to be crushing, but one of the first requirements is that you have to make weight.  I feel worse for 2 other people in her weight.  1.  Sarah now does not get to have a true Olympic gold medal match.  People are always going to bring that up and that is not her fault.  2.  I might even feel worse for the Japanese wrestler who lost in the semi's, but now does not get a chance to move on to the finals.  It doesn't make sense to me that they would not advance her instead of advancing the Cuba.  

She lost in the opening round, Vinesh beat the Cuban in the semis

• Bob 1

40 minutes ago, Husker U said:

Not correct - Sarah will now wrestle the Cuban for Gold and Susaki will wrestle the Ukrainian woman who lost in the 1/4 finals for the Bronze on that side

I wonder how heavy she got after the first days weigh in.  She must have really blew up in weight.  She probably had 12 hours between her last match and weigh ins the next morning.

I do feel bad for her as I think she should be given the Silver since she beat everyone she faced on the mat.

But, according to India, she made 50KG yesterday, only ate a little and weighed 53KG after competing and couldn't get back to 50 KG 12 hours later, despite cutting her hair, drawing blood, not eating and doing sauna/working outs the entire night.   She also competed so well sucked down that she beat Susaki fresh off the scale.      I don't buy all of that.

I'm guessing she re-hydrated to feel as close to 100% in order to take on Susaki (understandably) and then was well over weight and she couldn't get back down in time. 

Imagine how big she would of been during the gold medal match if she didn't have to ever make 50KG again.  

• Bob 1