Cowardly Trump Backing Out of Debating Harris

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Here father has a PhD in economics and was a professor at Stanford now emeritus, what do you think he feels like watching that?  😯

But as said in another thread inflation and prices go up just like stairs to a plane and if we can make them go up high enough then the can come back down just like we saw in the markets last two days.  Also as said by the great @mspart we should be "unburdened by what has been."  

He's probably pretty embarrassed his daughter is a capitalist, neoliberal democrat. He was a renowned Marxist scholar. 

There's a pretty interesting phenomena of children of notable Marxist intellectuals selling out as corporate politicians. Buttigieg is another example. Ed Milliband in the UK too.

38 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

He's probably pretty embarrassed his daughter is a capitalist, neoliberal democrat. He was a renowned Marxist scholar. 

There's a pretty interesting phenomena of children of notable Marxist intellectuals selling out as corporate politicians. Buttigieg is another example. Ed Milliband in the UK too.

She’s not a capitalist, she’s an opportunist. 

• Bob 1

saw kamala's ad today

im running to fight for an america

where you only have to work one job to pay the bills

rep. rights are not just protected by the constitution

doesn't she work in GOVT right now? 

hasn't she been in power 3. 5 years

i was told bidenomics is incredible

and rep. rights are not in the constitution.. but weapons are... and she wants to take those away

On 7/31/2024 at 9:16 PM, Scouts Honor said:

which is why the people have been begging the GOVT to get their spending under control

we don't have a revenue problem.

we have a spending problem

i can show you the receipts if you like

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

what on earth makes her 'capitalist' and not communist?

she repeatedly parrots 'equality of outcome'

• Bob 1

TBD

On 7/31/2024 at 6:08 AM, red viking said:

Not only is he a coward, but a horrible liar. He said he won't debate Harris because "everybody already knows about her" or something like that. Seriously - you can't come up with a better lie than that? You think people are going to believe that you think people DONT know about the person that has been in the White House for 12 years and President as 4 but they DO know about Harris. 

Meanwhile, he said that he selected JD Vance because he values family. That's his reason for picking his VP. 

You can't make this stufff up. I'm thinking more and more that I'm living in a simulation that is just here for the amusement of some higher power. 

Harris calls him out though: "Say it to my face." Gotta love it. He's still gonna be a coward though, like he always has been. 

this is the dumbest post in the history of political discourse. 

• Haha 1

TBD

My eldest will turn 18 in September and vote for the first time.

Her 18-19 year old friends are voting for Kamala because she is a woman (and not Trump).

We talked about how all politicians have scandals, bad behaviors, and can be assumed to have compromised varying levels of beliefs plus ethics to maintain power and funding.  Kamala, Biden, and Trump -- all have very bad unpresidential stories.  

I said that her friends and people like them are acting like idiots if they vote for someone because of identity rather than policy.  It will be great when we have a woman president, with merit over identity.

She filled out isidewith and learned about issues and views that she had never thought about.  She now is more informed than most young voters.  Living in a blue county, I was completely caught off guard that her views aligned stronger with Trump and less with Harris than me.

Edited by jross
  • Bob 1

17 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

you can't even object to this.

She won multiple statewide elections in the biggest state in the country, she became Vice President of the United States, she graduated law school, all legitimate accomplishment.  Far more than most of us have accomplished.  You can not like her policies, but lets live in the real world. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

She won multiple statewide elections in the biggest state in the country, she became Vice President of the United States, she graduated law school, all legitimate accomplishment.  Far more than most of us have accomplished.  You can not like her policies, but lets live in the real world. 

Evidently you haven't listened to her talk about important issues.  

• Bob 2

7 minutes ago, ionel said:

Evidently you haven't listened to her talk about important issues.  

I've got news for you about both major party candidates for president...neither is a good orator.  Thay wasn't what I was talking about in my post, though. 

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I've got news for you about both major party candidates for president...neither is a good orator.  Thay wasn't what I was talking about in my post, though. 

Oration isn't the issue with her, she is simply unable to understand the policy issues much less able to articulate policy.  Biden may currently have more functioning brain cells than Harris.  

• Bob 1

Just now, ionel said:

Oration isn't the issue with her, she is simply unable to understand the policy issues much less able to articulate policy.  Biden may currently have more functioning brain cells than Harris.  

I disagree, but even if I agreed, it still doesn't address the issue I raised.  Arguing she hasn't accomplished anything is just false.

Just now, VakAttack said:

I disagree, but even if I agreed, it still doesn't address the issue I raised.  Arguing she hasn't accomplished anything is just false.

She has no zero understanding of simple concepts like inflation.  Yes she was such a lousy Presidential candidate that she was picked to be VP, I guess that is an accomplishment. 

7 minutes ago, ionel said:

She has no zero understanding of simple concepts like inflation.  Yes she was such a lousy Presidential candidate that she was picked to be VP, I guess that is an accomplishment. 

And multiple state elections prior to that. And graduating law school, and passing the bar examsl, etc.  All real world accomplishments beyond what most accomplish.  What have you done equivalent to winning an election to be a US Senator? I haven't done anything to eclipse that. 

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

And multiple state elections prior to that. And graduating law school, and passing the bar examsl, etc.  All real world accomplishments beyond what most accomplish.  What have you done equivalent to winning an election to be a US Senator? I haven't done anything to eclipse that. 

I am willing to listen...I understand all the things she has done PRIOR to becoming the VP/assumed D presidential candidate....what has she done since?

9 hours ago, jross said:

My eldest will turn 18 in September and vote for the first time.

Her 18-19 year old friends are voting for Kamala because she is a woman (and not Trump).

We talked about how all politicians have scandals, bad behaviors, and can be assumed to have compromised varying levels of beliefs plus ethics to maintain power and funding.  Kamala, Biden, and Trump -- all have very bad unpresidential stories.  

I said that her friends and people like them are acting like idiots if they vote for someone because of identity rather than policy.  It will be great when we have a woman president, with merit over identity.

She filled out isidewith and learned about issues and views that she had never thought about.  She now is more informed than most young voters.  Living in a blue county, I was completely caught off guard that her views aligned stronger with Trump and less with Harris than me.

There's a guy named Robert Kennedy Jr. who might be right up your alley. 

11 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

What have you done equivalent to winning an election ...

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to announce as a candidate for President of the United States.  Didnt realize we were talking about me.  🙄

22 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

what on earth makes her 'capitalist' and not communist?

she repeatedly parrots 'equality of outcome'

mostly that she doesn’t support eliminating the market economy. 

words have meaning willie. read a book for once in your life. 

7 hours ago, VakAttack said:

she's accomplished absolutely nothing in office. she was roundly rejected in Cali, lasted two seconds as Presidential Candidate, and was a Dan Quaylish laughing stock as a VP.

TBD