141lbs and 149lbs for Iowa State?

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

why is it grimy/sleazy?

he's a JR in HS

If they try to flip his commitment I just think that’s grimy/sleazy. I may be ignorant or wrong but my assumption is that when a kid commits to a university than the cards are off the table for other colleges to try and recruit him. Of course this is more cultural than rule-based regulations. 

I know he hasn’t singed his letter of intent since he is still a junior; but I just thought they would respect the kids decisions commitment to another university. 

Also, makes me think it’s sleazy because the Iowa State wrestling forum moderator is deleting messages that talk of this matter. If this practice is common and not frowned upon then why try to hide it or cover it up? 

I don’t find it wrong for him to train there or anything of that nature. I think that’s super common for athletes to seek out training elsewhere.

Just my thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

OKST literally just flipped Kody Routledge from Nebraska last week. 

all's fair in love and war.

Is Zo not locked in with okie state? I know those two are very close.

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

OKST literally just flipped Kody Routledge from Nebraska last week. 

all's fair in love and war.

Gotcha. I respect that, I guess this is just a common practice then? 

I’m curious to see if any other Big universities try to flip his commitment as in Iowa. If I knew there was a possibility to change his mind I would be all in, especially with a recruit of this caliber. 

31 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

If they try to flip his commitment I just think that’s grimy/sleazy. I may be ignorant or wrong but my assumption is that when a kid commits to a university than the cards are off the table for other colleges to try and recruit him. Of course this is more cultural than rule-based regulations. 

I know he hasn’t singed his letter of intent since he is still a junior; but I just thought they would respect the kids decisions commitment to another university. 

Also, makes me think it’s sleazy because the Iowa State wrestling forum moderator is deleting messages that talk of this matter. If this practice is common and not frowned upon then why try to hide it or cover it up? 

I don’t find it wrong for him to train there or anything of that nature. I think that’s super common for athletes to seek out training elsewhere.

Just my thoughts. 

He committed to Coach Smith so the coaching staff that he committed to is not longer employed by the university. 

1 minute ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Gotcha. I respect that, I guess this is just a common practice then? 

I’m curious to see if any other Big universities try to flip his commitment as in Iowa. If I knew there was a possibility to change his mind I would be all in, especially with a recruit of this caliber. 

I would venture to guess David Carr is a big factor in him flipping (if he does) I believe they are pretty close also an incredible training partner. I wonder if Iowa State opts to wrestle Casey now they will have a pretty big log jam at 157/165 with chittum,casey,euton (I think hes gonna be good) and dee unless dee grows into 174 which is very possible. If this happens its very exciting times to be an ISU fan.

7 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I would venture to guess David Carr is a big factor in him flipping (if he does) I believe they are pretty close also an incredible training partner. I wonder if Iowa State opts to wrestle Casey now they will have a pretty big log jam at 157/165 with chittum,casey,euton (I think hes gonna be good) and dee unless dee grows into 174 which is very possible. If this happens its very exciting times to be an ISU fan.

I know Dee is really close with Angelo, Voinovich’s, and Gabe Arnold. 

So this will get interesting to say the least. Let the recruiting battle begin again for Dee🔥

10 minutes ago, Gus said:

He committed to Coach Smith so the coaching staff that he committed to is not longer employed by the university. 

I understand, I assumed he was all in by what he was voicing in interviews when David Taylor was announced as the Head Coach.  I understand this process though. Going to be exciting. 

I thought if Zo was still there than he wouldn’t leave but we will see 👀

1 hour ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

The Iowa State wrestling forum is blowing up and saying he is going to flip his commitment… maybe what H82Lose is alluding to. Lol kinda confused of it all but if true it does sound pretty grimy/sleazy lol

I don't think it's grimy at all.  He's a Junior and his coach just left.  Yes DT is a GOAT in his own right, and I personally think it would be a horrible decision to head out, but lets not act like David Carr isn't training in Iowa City right now.  He is basically a younger, better version of what David Carr was at that age - all due respects to Carr.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

32 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Where?

12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I don't think it's grimy at all.  He's a Junior and his coach just left.  Yes DT is a GOAT in his own right, and I personally think it would be a horrible decision to head out, but lets not act like David Carr isn't training in Iowa City right now.  He is basically a younger, better version of what David Carr was at that age - all due respects to Carr.

David Carr is training in Iowa City Right now? 

11 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

David Carr is training in Iowa City Right now? 

Locket is in Ames with Carr right now (Iowa State), not Iowa City... my bad.

Edited by nhs67

On 6/19/2024 at 5:53 AM, H82Lose said:

If I was wrestling for Cuba and they kept referring to me as the American, it would not bother me at all. I would rather that than butcher my last name, because there is no chance I can spell Osyleaosdodjd.

Yeah, it wasn't so much that it was offensive...it's just...ya know, you're the insider with that iron-clad NDA who's got the inside info...how hard can it be to write his name rather than repeatedly calling him "the Cuban?" 

Also, just to be clear, are we talking about Diversent? It's...Diver and then sent. That's it. So...I'll assume it's a different Cuban as that one is just...waaay too easy. 

Edited by scourge165

On 6/20/2024 at 10:36 AM, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

The Iowa State wrestling forum is blowing up and saying he is going to flip his commitment… maybe what H82Lose is alluding to. Lol kinda confused of it all but if true it does sound pretty grimy/sleazy lol

I was told training only. I would not expect them to tell me he was flipping, but pretty convincing why he was up there. I am laughing at all the OSU fans wanting to hang Chris Perry now. Perry was let go from a position, I guess they expect him to just go lay down and die. Wherever Perry lands, he is a great recruiter. 

On 6/20/2024 at 12:01 PM, VakAttack said:

@Husker_Du said on HR that Iowa is trying to flip Lockett also, which god I hope so, lol.

Yep, they called too. Brands recruited Dee Hard, they visited him in Stilly.  My personal opinion, I think he either stays at OSU, or Iowa State would be his other option. Hard to argue there is a better middle weight staff than ISU, plus David Carr. 

• Brain 1

On 6/20/2024 at 12:24 PM, Truzzcat said:

Doesn't matter who they get until they beat Iowa.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

On 6/20/2024 at 12:52 PM, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Just my thoughts. 

I think it is very common to try to flip HS kids.

But yeah, kinda weird that apparently the ISU staff told the moderator that they didn’t want them to talk about him.  Which to me suggests there’s a decent chance he might flip.

Could be not so much they think they’re doing anything wrong though and rather that they don’t want more teams knowing for sure that he is considering other options.

• 5 weeks later...