Changes in Madison

Is this a last-ditch effort by Bozo to save his job, by bringing in an outsider? Is Gross the scapegoat? looks like a demotion to me 

MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin wrestling head coach Chris Bono has announced staffing changes in a restructure for both the Badgers and the Wisconsin Regional Training Center (WRTC).

Beginning this month, Wisconsin assistant coach Seth  Gross will be joining the WRTC coaching staff as a full-time coach and continue training as a national and international athlete as the next Olympic training cycle starts.

"This is something that is greatly needed in today's competitive landscape as we have athletes competing and training across the world," said Bono. "Seth will be training talented wrestlers for the highest levels of national and international competition, in addition to being able to focus on his own training on the path to his dream of becoming an Olympian."

The WRTC coaching staff works directly with both UW wrestlers and athletes within a 250-mile radius of Madison. The WRTC is a USA wrestling sanctioned training center where high school, college and post-collegiate wrestlers who meet established criteria can all train together on a consistent basis to reach their potential of being state, national and world champions.

"Being able to focus on training high-performance wrestlers right here in Madison and keep building the WRTC into a national and international powerhouse is an honor," said Gross. "My own journey to becoming an Olympian is one of my highest priorities alongside my family and my faith, so I am looking forward to starting my next training cycle and working with talented wrestlers here on the path to the next summer Olympics in Los Angeles in 2028."

The next upcoming goal for Gross in this new cycle is to make the United States' World Team in September at 61 kilograms in men's freestyle.

Gross will spearhead a talented WRTC coaching staff that includes Garrett  Model, a UW alumnus and two-time NCAA qualifier for the Badgers, and Cade  Sarbacker, a 2013 NCAA All-American at UW-Whitewater.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Didn't he just have his contract renewed a couple weeks ago? I think that's enough to "save his job"

they automatically renew all winter coaches yearly. Every single UW winter coach got a 1 year extension, he isn't special 

They gave the Hockey coach an extension a couple years ago then fired him months later. 

Edited by HungusMungus
  • Bob 2

"Seth will be training talented wrestlers for the highest levels of national and international competition, in addition to being able to focus on his own training on the path to his dream of becoming an Olympian."

Bono never struck me as an austere scholar, but someone should tell him what "focus" means. 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1
  • Racing Family 1

31 minutes ago, HungusMungus said:

they automatically renew all winter coaches yearly. Every single UW winter coach got a 1 year extension, he isn't special 

Wisconsin wrestling head coach Chris Bono's five-year agreement has been extended through May 31, 2029 👏Apr 19, 2024

• Bob 1

21 hours ago, HungusMungus said:

They gave the Hockey coach an extension a couple years ago then fired him months later. 

He's special in that he is probably the only one who publicized it.

He must be aware that some see him as putting the bad in BADger.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

He's special in that he is probably the only one who publicized it.

He must be aware that some see him as putting the bad in BADger.

He probably stood over the Social Media student and forced them to post about it. 

He sucks, he's Flavor Flav without the clock, nothing more than a hype man 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, HungusMungus said:

He probably stood over the Social Media student and forced them to post about it. 

Is the social media student three feet tall?

• Bob 2
  • Haha 3

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.