Poll: Who Does PSU Pick As The New Assistant?

Poll: Who Does PSU Pick As The New Assistant?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. With Jimmy Kennedy's departure to Oklahoma State, who does PSU bring in to replace him?

• Vincenzo Joseph
    • Mark Hall
    • Nick Lee
    • Jason Nolf
    • Kyle Dake
    • Coleman Scott
    • J'Den Cox
    • Jake Varner
    • Someone's Brother-in-Law
    • Other

I could see it being Nolf. 

That said, I thought that DT was going to be the next head-coach-in-training there, but then he lost to Brooks, so my perspective isn't worth much.

59 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I mean "someone's brother in law" has got to 100% the best answer here.  Are there any current PSU coaches that aren't someone's brother in law?

That was my thinking hence voted b-inlaw.  Assumed "other" was Sister inlaws or gender neutral.  

• Bob 2

4 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I mean "someone's brother in law" has got to 100% the best answer here.  Are there any current PSU coaches that aren't someone's brother in law?

Only child or unwed siblings.

Unmarried.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 5/14/2024 at 9:14 AM, CowboyYe2024 said:

Kyle Snyder probably

If Dake got into coaching, He would get a job from David Taylor  

I would think Dake would stay at PSU while he's competing. If he's going to continue to compete...he makes more sense at PSU. 

I was thinking he'd end up at OK St as the "Casey Cunningham," but so long as he's competing...

38 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

I would think Dake would stay at PSU while he's competing. If he's going to continue to compete...he makes more sense at PSU. 

I was thinking he'd end up at OK St as the "Casey Cunningham," but so long as he's competing...

In the plus column for Dake going to OSU is that he and Taylor are close friends.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

In the plus column for Dake going to OSU is that he and Taylor are close friends.

Yeah, that's pretty well known, but in the - column, he's already filled out his staff and it'd be kinda had to slide Dake in as the #2 and now install him as the Cunningham type figure at Okie State. 

I'm certainly not ruling it out, I'm just saying while he's competing. 

16 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Yeah, that's pretty well known, but in the - column, he's already filled out his staff and it'd be kinda had to slide Dake in as the #2 and now install him as the Cunningham type figure at Okie State. 

I'm certainly not ruling it out, I'm just saying while he's competing. 

There's always the RTC.  I think DT has gotten some promises of big funding for the RTC from boosters.

I thought Gwiz might be a possibility, because he is very tight with Taylr.  He would often stay with the Taylor family and train at State College.  However, it now sounds as if he is moving back to NC, where his wife has a job and Gwiz will be pursuing opportunities outside of wrestling.  Apparently, he is done with coaching.

Posted (edited)

Turns out "Someone's brother-in-law" was the wrong answer, but there are 11 visionaries on this board.

Or maybe 14? Not sure if those last 3 votes had inside info.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge