It's official

49 minutes ago, BarSeries said:

We need a moment of silence for the juice bar. 

Why?

It just became a chain.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, Paul158 said:

It may have already been covered on here but how big of a check did OSU have to write. Maybe 600K or 700K? I think Brands is in the 700K range already.

Willie and Basch said it was a ridiculous amount. So much so that it'd be "irresponsible to refuse". 

4 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Willie and Basch said it was a ridiculous amount. So much so that it'd be "irresponsible to refuse". 

Getting back to finance and 8% rate of returns, how much money can a billionaire throw around per year just off the return?  

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Getting back to finance and 8% rate of returns, how much money can a billionaire throw around per year just off the return?  

Pulling out my calculator... assuming taxes take up 3% of that, $50 milli per year to toss around assuming they've only got 1 billi invested. 

13 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

Feeling DT can do better staff wise than Gilman.  Don’t know the guy, and DT is smarter than me at this stuff.  But just seems like he could attract someone even better for his staff.

I think it is genius to have someone on staff that can clearly say, "Don't go to Iowa".

23 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Pulling out my calculator... assuming taxes take up 3% of that, $50 milli per year to toss around assuming they've only got 1 billi invested. 

Do you mean taxes take up 3% of the 8% interest.

• Brain 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

My understanding is it was closer to 125 million cents.

If that number is true, is he claiming a different school offered him more?

Edited by 1032004

12 minutes ago, BarSeries said:

Yawn.  Starroci has become the girl who cried wolf.  

Starocci also talked a lot of smack to JB and claimed he was going to make 163.   Not only could he not make the weight, he is now a 197 lber...

He also claimed to be the highest paid NIL college wrestler "by a lot" but now claims he said no to big pay day.  

He also wasn't going to come back because he hated school, which changed as soon as he was or wasn't offered a big paid that he accepted or didn't accepted depending on the day/his mood. 

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

Starocci also talked a lot of smack to JB and claimed he was going to make 163.   Not only could he not make the weight, he is now a 197 lber...

He also claimed to be the highest paid NIL college wrestler "by a lot" but now claims he said no to big pay day.  

He also wasn't going to come back because he hated school, which changed as soon as he was or wasn't offered a big paid that he accepted or didn't accepted depending on the day/his mood. 

At least he has some personality! 

• Bob 1

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

If that number is true, is he claiming a different school offered him more?

Who knows?  Most of what Carter does is schtick.  These are the first truky public signs of any dissension amongst the Penn State guys, but, again, it's Carter, so it's possible it's all schtick. 

• Bob 1

15 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

No hard feelings in NLWC!

Starocci still showing he's a punk.  Nothing new.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

The unwritten context to connect the dots is he was saying he was offered a lot TO LEAVE to another school and said no.  I see nothing hypocritical about what he said.

What he also doesn't understand, if his comment is directed at DT, is DT is playing at a different level now.  This is his livelihood.  This is his new profession and he is setting his family up for life at one of the storied programs.  Should he wait for 10 years to see if Cale steps down and gives him the program.  We see how that played out for CScott.

• Brain 1

6 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

His team is literally run by a guy who gave up loyalty to coach at PSU.... 

Carter is delusional. The only way I can think he is a sane person is if before every tweet, he and Cael are in Cael's office brainstorming some bat$hit thing he can say and then both laughing hysterically after he tweets it. 

• Wrestle 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The unwritten context to connect the dots is he was saying he was offered a lot TO LEAVE to another school and said no.  I see nothing hypocritical about what he said.

Yes, I understand that it what he was implying.   I am not buying it.   He didn't turn down money to leave PSU out of loyalty.  He accepted PSU's NIL offer that was more than any other college wrestler "by a lot" 

Edited by Dogbone
  • Bob 1

I am sure that Carter will always be PSU loyal, never move out of PA, never coach a kid or program that  is not PSU. 

His coach left ISU to go to PSU...without that, there is no PSU Dynasty

Instead of appreciating all of DT's contributions to PSU, a guy who probably had a big part in making him who he is, he takes a big dump on him. Nobody can leave PA without Carter's approval, even it if betters your family and life goals. 

GET HIM JB! 

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

32 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

At least he has some personality! 

The world is filled with assholes who have, 'personality.'

9 minutes ago, wrestlingshoe said:

What he also doesn't understand

He's a dumb kid. There is much about life he has yet to experience and understand.

His only asset up to this point is that he's a very good wrestler. Not much more has been proven...

59 minutes ago, BarSeries said:

I know the rumored NIL payment from PSU related / connected entities would be an argument against what I am about to say, but I get the distinct impression that the PSU coaches will be happy to see the back of Starocci.

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I know the rumored NIL payment from PSU related / connected entities would be an argument against what I am about to say, but I get the distinct impression that the PSU coaches will be happy to see the back of Starocci.

Agreed. Probably a collective sigh of disappointment when he agreed to come back.