Minnow on FB, reporting AB testing positive for PD at U23 last year...

34 minutes ago, maligned said:

Nope. That opinion was clearly your point from the beginning.

It's way over diagnosed. That part is true. My sister and some others I know have been diagnosed and they don't take or need meds and I don't get the diagnosis at all. But with a stimulant, my father and my daughter, on the other hand, go from level 2 life functionality with hyperactivity and agitation through the roof to calm, relaxed, level 8 functioning human beings with virtually zero hyperactivity or anxiety.

You know there are hundreds of studies of brain chemistry and brain function on the ADHD mind, right? With physical results, not theoretical psych mumbo jumbo. You know this, right? 

Anyway, your second point about ease of getting a diagnosis and accessing Adderal is 100% correct too. Brooks not having a TUE is irresponsible at best and probably points to cheating, sadly. You're not wrong.

No my point from the beginning is that these drugs are performace enhancing and that is in fact what they are designed to do. They are also on the banned list for that very reason. I will not read your post and adress the straw man. You, yourself, beleive the drug is designed to increase mental performance. We are done here.

• Clown 1

4 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

:classic_happy:

Cute. How do they diagnose adhd again? Oh the teacher wants young timmy to sit still and he doesnt listen? Drug him. Oh you think you have adhd lets have you do a self assesment survey. Any bio metrics? Any brain scans? Nope. Give them the drugs and take the money. 

Also what kind of snake injects other illnesses and issues into someones opinon like that. Another straw man.

5 hours ago, forkemaz said:

Bull spit

LOL...yeah, I'll accept(out of ignorance) that it MAY not help you if you require something for ADHD...but I remember taking it once(I worked with this spaz who was always offering). I'm 22, working a summer job, hung over, he asks if I want one of his adderals as I was dragging.

He gave me one and...aside from the inside of my cheek bleeding because I was chewing on it all day and watching my heartbeat, I was moving ALL day, didn't stop to eat, nothing. He laughed that he'd given me a 50MG instead of a normal 5(I didn't find it funny, he said it was "like a couple cups of coffee). 

I mean, it was obviously my fault for taking a medication meant for someone else....that's generally not a good idea, but he also thought it was funny Duck-duck-goosing with me...little shit. 

Ram of the East with a new message.

"Last year, not to make this too much about myself, last year when I really started getting into the truth.. when I really started picking up my cross daily doing my best to live like Christ, you know repent of my sins, turn from my ways, not love the world...follow his commandments I watched some guys on YouTube some brothers in Christ... They would always say when you really start to come to the truth you'll know because strange things will happen.  Things you can't explain I think when you look at Christ's life you know strange things.  People plotted against him.  The Pharisees.  You go read through the gospels Mark, Matthew, Luke, John.  You read through the gospels it's strange what they did to the Messiah.  When you really start to live like him and pick up your cross daily strange things will happen.  And I'm not going to sit here and talk about my story or the things that I'm going through or went through or whatever, but weird things happen."

46 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

No my point from the beginning is that these drugs are performace enhancing and that is in fact what they are designed to do. They are also on the banned list for that very reason. I will not read your post and adress the straw man. You, yourself, beleive the drug is designed to increase mental performance. We are done here.

LOL...I was with you on the over-prescribed and how it's performance-enhancing, etc...but proclaiming that it serves no actual therapeutic uses? I'm curious what makes you an authority in that area beyond "talking to roommates?"

53 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

And adhd is fake and PTSD and dementia and Alzheimers and addiction and schizophrenia...

Ok, @MPhillips is this you being sarcastic and changing what he actually said, or did he say something this mind-numbingly stupid?

Dementia, Alzheimers, addiction and schizophrenia? 

TF game is this? Spot the Scientologist? 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Ok, @MPhillips is this you being sarcastic and changing what he actually said, or did he say something this mind-numbingly stupid?

Careful now... Dr. @MPhillips was clearly being ridiculous because that is what this thread is.

You're smarter than to believe he was serious.  Do better.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scourge165 said:

LOL...I was with you on the over-prescribed and how it's performance-enhancing, etc...but proclaiming that it serves no actual therapeutic uses? I'm curious what makes you an authority in that area beyond "talking to roommates?"

I didnt say it doesnt work. I didnt say  people  dont have trouble paying attention. Teachers wanted to put me on the shit. I think we are all masters of our own minds. There is more evidence of monks controlling their brain through meditation than there is of the "adhd brain". Its a lack of discipline and training your own mind. Its a short cut. And its a banned substance. I, like you, experimented a time or two. Its insanely powerful stuff. But i chose a different route ultimately. 

And i didnt say that stuff he changed my quote because hes a snake who doesnt want to engage in a real conversation.

Edited by forkemaz
  • Brain 2

7 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

And i didnt say that stuff he changed my quote because hes a snake who doesnt want to engage in a real conversation.

Your quote is plain to see on page one. It's obvious to anyone who is interested in looking. As far as, "real conversation" goes, this doesn't appear to be the thread for it...:classic_smile:

17 hours ago, forkemaz said:

I didnt say it doesnt work. I didnt say  people  dont have trouble paying attention. Teachers wanted to put me on the shit. I think we are all masters of our own minds. There is more evidence of monks controlling their brain through meditation than there is of the "adhd brain". Its a lack of discipline and training your own mind. Its a short cut. And its a banned substance. I, like you, experimented a time or two. Its insanely powerful stuff. But i chose a different route ultimately. 

You really think it's a lack of "discipline" and "training" of your mind is the reason people have ADHD and other psychological/biochemical disorders????  Wow.  You clearly have no clue on the biochemical make up of people. how that works, and how it can vastly differ between people.  If you feel you can control how your brain chemistry works through "discipline" and "training" good for you.  But to extrapolate that out for the whole human population based on your own personal experience is both extremely naive and, well, extremely stupid.  Some peoples biochemical make up is not conducent to working correctly based on "discipline" and "training"...they need pharmaceutical intervention, and usually therapy, for them to function.

Not to mention, you trying to lump in the overprescription of mental health drugs topic is also naive and stupid.  That is a completely different conversation and has nothing to do with the validity of ADHD and other mental health issues.  However, that is one topic you and I probably agree on.

10 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Not to mention, you trying to lump in the overprescription of mental health drugs topic is also naive and stupid.  That is a completely different conversation and has nothing to do with the validity of ADHD and other mental health issues.  However, that is one topic you and I probably agree on.

A lot of NCAA and pro athletes seem to have ADHD, and a lot of the manliest of manly UFC fighters had low testosterone back when the UFC allowed TUE for test.

Amazing how this works!

• Bob 2

36 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

i will agree. that ADHD is a common 'nice' diagnosis for bad parenting.

If what's his face would have said this I would have totally agreed with him

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

Adderall is a performance drug.  Ask the college students who buy it illegally for exams.  Maybe DT could have benefited from Adderall, helping him to concentrate and not be distracted  by other interests.   Either let everyone use it or forbid it.  Using it when your opponent can't is cheating.

Also I think Yazdani beats Brooks, but loses to DT even with DT being distracted.

• Bob 1

On 5/8/2024 at 4:20 PM, forkemaz said:

Ok, so you NEVER wrote this part;

And adhd is fake and PTSD and dementia and Alzheimers and addiction and schizophrenia...

Just want to clarify here...

I also reject the notion that you can just retrain your mind and Monks retraining their minds, doesn't mean there's no therapeutic use for Adderall, but I agree it's over-prescribed, it's self-diagnosed by many people and it's handed out too freely. So was OxyContin, that didn't mean there weren't genuine uses for it. 

But if you are telling me you didn't say PTSD, addiction, schizophrenia, and dementia are also fake, fine. 

14 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

BTW the situation was confirmed on FRL.

Chael can be a fountain of misinformation, but said that if it is a WADA suspension, Brooks is cooked. 

Yup Pyle didn’t say much but confirmed the legitimacy of the report and said “they remain optimistic”

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SuperBonBon said:

Wow if DT gets the nod.  US wins gold.  Yazdani believes he can't beat Taylor.

Does DT want the nod? Seems like he is moving on.

Assuming any of this is true, I'd be fine with sending Zahid.

Edited by Voice of the Quakers

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com