David Taylor to Coach Oklahoma State???

Posted (edited)

I wonder if Jesus himself gave Brooks the OK to take PEDs. He clearly takes bible study serious if he's addy'd up. Surely they'll factor that in to the TUE? 

Edited by pokemonster

2 hours ago, Dogbone said:

I get your point.  What is different for me is that 1) USAW didn't disclose that Brooks could be ineligible and 2) we know there will be a non-Olympic world championship and Zahid by being a returning medalist will be sitting out until the finals and de-facto #2 on the 92KG world team even if he loses.

What is point of the wrestlebacks and determining the "team".  Stipend, opportunity to compete oversees, etc.  If Zahid is already getting those things by being on the 92KG rep/team member then he doesn't have a purpose to wrestle for the 3rd spot at 86KG.

It's not like he just quit and said he didn't want to be a team member.  He will be on the 92 KG team if he wants.

For USAW to claim their policy is the #3 guy gets moved up no matter what, but also not disclose the known possibility that this could occur as it might of changed Zahid's decision when he otherwise had no benefit to challenge for 3rd is the stuff that lawsuits are made of.   

This isn't a guy got hurt so everyone move up situation, this is USAW not disclosing a  possible outcome that could have impact on the team/rep. 

It wouldn't be the first time USAW procedure to be overturned in court. 

The time you are indicating is Retherford and Johnny D, which was a 1 V 2 not a 2 V 4.  Irrelevant.

The rules on how to make the team (#1-4) were clearly stated last fall.  Zahid chose not to even wrestle for #3.  He earned #4, not #3 and especially not #2.

I also think he was cheated out of beating Brooks, just so that is also clear.

Just because I believe he would have beaten Thicclay doesn't mean he did.  He didn't.  In fact, Thicclay took the mat in the Zahid - Thicclay match and had his hand raised.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

31 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

I wonder if Jesus himself gave Brooks the OK to take PEDs. He clearly takes bible study serious if he's addy'd up. Surely they'll factor that in to the TUE? 

is it a sin to take drugs that increase your ability to read the bible?

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

3 hours ago, Cowboy08 said:

What is alleged??

Nobody told Nickal that Taylor was going to be out,  so he went 92 kg instead.   The idea being that Nickal would have likely won a medal at 86 kg and got to sit out.

• Bob 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Not sure, but I believe Daton Fox was?

Daton failed an out of competition test in Jan 2020 and was suspended through Feb 2021.  He didn't wrestle in NCAA competition in that time as he was Olympic redshirting in 2019-2020.  I think the NCAA enforced it, but he didn't miss much time between the Olympic redshirt and 2020-2021 being an abbreviated season due to COVID.

Since he didn't compete in NCAA competition between failing the test and getting the sanction there isn't really precedent as to whether they would nullify a result from Fix's situation.  Stripping wins is the only thing the NCAA could do to Brooks/PSU now.

Edited by fishbane

10 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Nobody told Nickal that Taylor was going to be out,  so he went 92 kg instead.   The idea being that Nickal would have likely won a medal at 86 kg and got to sit out.

i want to point out that this is a wonderfully concise summary.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

3 hours ago, ionel said:

... and should there be any NCAA implications?  

The NCAA has a rule where anyone suspended by a national governing body that follows WADA guidelines is also suspended from NCAA competition. Given that Brooks wasn't suspended by USAW while in college, that ship has sailed.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

6 minutes ago, fishbane said:

Daton failed an out of competition test in Jan 2020 and was suspended through Feb 2021.  He didn't wrestle in NCAA competition in that time as he was Olympic redshirting in 2019-2020.  I think the NCAA enforced it, but he didn't miss much time between the Olympic redshirt and 2020-2021 being an abbreviated season due to COVID.

Since he didn't compete in NCAA competition between failing the test and getting the sanction there isn't really precedent as to whether they would nullify a result from Fix's situation.  Stripping wins is the only thing the NCAA could do to Brooks/PSU now.

Obviously Brooks’s situation would be different, but Fix was definitely suspended from NCAA competition for  non-NCAA reasons.  I believe it was USADA and not UWW, not sure if that would make a difference.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/sports/college/cowboys/2021/02/14/got-our-leader-back-oklahoma-state-wrestler-daton-fix-set-return-from-suspension-at-cowboy-challenge/328859007/

6 hours ago, Winners Circle said:
  • 2024: 10th
  • 2023: 18th (tied with Air Force)
  • 2022: 14th (behind OSUW and tOSU)
  • 2021: 3rd (30 points off the title)
  • 2020: COVID
  • 2019: 3rd (50 points off the title)
  • 2018: 13th
  • 2017: 3rd (40 points off the title)
  • 2016: 2nd
  • 2015: 7th
  • 2014: 3rd

Define 'fine'. Oklahoma State wants to win, not finish 2nd or 3rd. And, looking at the past 10 NCAA tournaments, they only finished in the top 5 50% of the time. That is not the standard. 

Great, but if you look at the bolded sentence that I was responding to, we're talking about what would be a boost for the sport, not just Oklahoma State. But top 10 finishes 70% of the time ain't to shabby.

10 hours ago, pokemonster said:

He already received special dispensation for the Old Testament tattoo no-no. So, I dont think PEDs are that big a deal. I'm fairly certainly there are no explicit prohibitions.

13 hours ago, nhs67 said:

The time you are indicating is Retherford and Johnny D, which was a 1 V 2 not a 2 V 4.  Irrelevant.

The rules on how to make the team (#1-4) were clearly stated last fall.  Zahid chose not to even wrestle for #3.  He earned #4, not #3 and especially not #2.

I also think he was cheated out of beating Brooks, just so that is also clear.

Just because I believe he would have beaten Thicclay doesn't mean he did.  He didn't.  In fact, Thicclay took the mat in the Zahid - Thicclay match and had his hand raised.

The time I was indicating was actually Lindland when it was ruled that USAW process was not fair and equitable to the athlete.  

I also understand your argument (3>4) and agree that it would be the likely outcome of any hypothetical challenge/lawsuit.   Just because I don't find procedural arguments compelling when the parting setting the procedure wasn't forthcoming, doesn't mean that is how it will play out.

15 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

Zahid always gives off major wanderlei silva "duck out the side door" vibes, and I still have a sneaking suspicion that Zeke Jones enabling him the whole way through was another contributing factor to Sunkist becoming past tense.

The fact that ASU, arguably the nations largest party school, had to step in and take him off the team for partying too hard says everything we ever needed to wonder. 

Dude stfu

• Bob 1
  • Clown 1

17 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

is it a sin to take drugs that increase your ability to read the bible?

If you read the Bible it is not a sin to enhance a womans breasts so why not this?

• Haha 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.