star bumps up

22 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Ahahahaha.  Folks see Burroughs post on the Flo instagram on Star going 86kg?

‘Gonna be hard to end my career up there champ’

Amusing.  Burroughs does well with this social media stuff.

That was a pretty nice dunk.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Sets up a potential first round match between two of the biggest "blow bags" in amateur wrestling.🤣

out of shape Idiot vs injured a%%hole!

omg please tell me these guy go after each other on social media

Edited by Hammerlock3
  • Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

My prediction for 86kg:

friends sleep GIF

Seriously though, how wild is it to manage your weight as if you were going to compete at 163 (74kg), wrestle 174 at Nationals, and then a few weeks later bump up to 190 (86kg)? I hope Starocci doesn't worsen his injury wrasslin with them 86kg thuggzz. I'd like to see him take his shot at 79kg U23s if he can stay healthy.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

My prediction for 86kg:

friends sleep GIF

Seriously though, how wild is it to manage your weight as if you were going to compete at 163 (74kg), wrestle 174 at Nationals, and then a few weeks later bump up to 190 (86kg)? I hope Starocci doesn't worsen his injury wrasslin with them 86kg thuggzz. I'd like to see him take his shot at 79kg U23s if he can stay healthy.

If it wasn't for the "i'm gonna end his career" tripe, I'd say I was almost certain he knew he was going 86 the whole time, and even considering that I think he might have known but just wanted to shoot off his mouth, putting out misinformation (downstairs drilling) is not uncommon.

Star is taking the appropriate amount of criticism because of his past comments, but its necessary to point out that he could have easily just put it all off on his knee and stayed home. He isn't scared of losing.

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, Caveira said:

Wonder if he has the tools to piss on anyone’s grave up a weight.   

What’s your vote on whose career will he end up at 86?    

I would not be surprised to see 'ringer, Hall, and Marstellar call it a career at trials.  Hall hasn't really been that into it since his senior year of college, 'ringer is a 'tweener in the most brutal sense, same with marstellar.  They are both very good, but neither of them has the frame or the style to be consistently making teams and succeeding. 

Downey will probably be done after this, but he lives in his own world, and I don't think he would view a "shoes on the mat" exit as a reasonable thing to do.

20 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I would not be surprised to see 'ringer, Hall, and Marstellar call it a career at trials.  Hall hasn't really been that into it since his senior year of college, 'ringer is a 'tweener in the most brutal sense, same with marstellar.  They are both very good, but neither of them has the frame or the style to be consistently making teams and succeeding. 

Downey will probably be done after this, but he lives in his own world, and I don't think he would view a "shoes on the mat" exit as a reasonable thing to do.

note to self: bring molotov cocktail in case Downey tries to leave shoes on mat.

51 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

There are World championships in the fall of this year for non-Olympic weights.   Some of these guys should consider trying to make the US team and bring home a medal.   That is going to be Vito's approach at 61KG.  The US has a bunch of good wrestlers in the 79KG weight area.  Hall should go there.  He's too small for 86KG, and Borroughs will be done at that point, too so it wouldn't present an RTC issue at Penn since they both train there.

If Brooks loses at OTT, he would fit well at 92KG.  At 70 KG, Mesenbrink, Shapiro, and others (e.g. Pantaleo) would have a shot at Senior medals.

Downey should leave a freshly washed singlet on the match if leaving shoes isn't his style:

Downy April Fresh Liquid Fabric Conditioner - 88 fl oz

Edited by SocraTease
  • Bob 1
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Sets up a potential first round match between two of the biggest "blow bags" in amateur wrestling.🤣

I think Starocci could be set up for a debunking here.  Moving up after a failed weight cut attempt coming off an injury.  PD3 might take him out.

While absolutely clown status, PD3 is a former world team member, the dude is not a bad wrestler.  Now, nobody in the world knows what he's been up to for who knows how long, but the dude is indeed a legit wrestler.

Starocci, equally a legit wrestler.  The idea of calling a 4x champ pathetic after winning the title in a stacked weight class on one knee is also...gently silly.

• Bob 1

50 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

PD3 did in fact once tech fall Aaron Brooks.. I think Brooks was 19 but it happened and that may go down as one of the wildest results without perspective in 10 years time.

I watched that match in Texas.  PD3 threw AB around and made short work of it.  PD3 was much bigger than AB at the time...

• Bob 1

It must be conceded that Downey is legit dangerous at freestyle (though not as dangerous as he is at life).

That being said, he is zero threat to win the trials. Putting aside the awesomeness of the competition, whose league he is not familiar with, I can't imagine his conditioning or match sharpness will allow him to be at his theoretical best.  

10 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

If it wasn't for the "i'm gonna end his career" tripe, I'd say I was almost certain he knew he was going 86 the whole time, and even considering that I think he might have known but just wanted to shoot off his mouth, putting out misinformation (downstairs drilling) is not uncommon.

Star is taking the appropriate amount of criticism because of his past comments, but its necessary to point out that he could have easily just put it all off on his knee and stayed home. He isn't scared of losing.

Don't be surprised if he stays home.