Transfer Portal

Just now, Le duke said:

There are no mountains anywhere near Greeley. I don't know if you can even see them from campus. Greeley is Western Kansas.

It was more so just a joke about the mountain man look and him going to a school in Colorado. It either went over your head or you're just a joy to be around...

6 minutes ago, Le duke said:

There are no mountains anywhere near Greeley. I don't know if you can even see them from campus. Greeley is Western Kansas.

You can definitely see the mountains, but they're way in the distance.  I went to Greeley for D2 nationals one year, and I'd never been to Colorado, so I didn't realize the...geographical layout.  For anyone who's never been, it is exactly as The Duke insinuates; Colorado is basically flat everywhere except for that pesky mountain range.  It looks like: 

/\

/      \

/            \

/                 \

/                       \

/                             \

_______________________________/______________________\______________________________________________________

• Bob 1

You can definitely see the mountains, but they're way in the distance.  I went to Greeley for D2 nationals one year, and I'd never been to Colorado, so I didn't realize the...geographical layout.  For anyone who's never been, it is exactly as The Duke insinuates; Colorado is basically flat everywhere except for that pesky mountain range.  It looks like: 
                                                                    /\
                                                                 /      \
                                                              /            \
                                                           /                 \
_______________________________/______________________\______________________________________________________

What an illustration lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

20 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

I heard Okie State for both them and Teemer.

19 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

No.

Thanks, haven't been keeping up with the portal so didn't know if what I was reading was remotely accurate.  

I feel like you should have to forfeit any scholarship money from the prior year if you transfer immediately after a redshirt (Mesenbrink for example).    IIRC Alirez may not have even been enrolled so probably not applicable in his case but just made me think of it.  

I do think we will see smaller schools redshirt guys less to make sure they get the years out of them while they can.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I feel like you should have to forfeit any scholarship money from the prior year if you transfer immediately after a redshirt (Mesenbrink for example).    IIRC Alirez may not have even been enrolled so probably not applicable in his case but just made me think of it.  

I do think we will see smaller schools redshirt guys less to make sure they get the years out of them while they can.

Yep....i.e. Bailey. 

Classic poach here.... Allirez brings a national title to a small program - he gets contacted by 3rd party with promises of huge money - leaves small program.  You can be all about guys getting their money, that's fine, just remember that in a few years when we see the consequences. 

Edited by Idaho
  • Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

They should spend some of this money on some new coaches so in the future they don't have to go out of their way to buy guys due to a lack of development in room.

not meant to be a jab at them buying guys I'm hoping they get all of them simply so we have a competitive team race.

• Bob 3
  • Brain 1

Iowa should really be throwing a blank check at Alirez to get him in the HWC moving forward. A foundation of Spencer Lee and Alirez would be a massive upgrade from what the HWC has had in recent past. 

• Bob 2

Mineo calling for Iowa and then hoping he goes somewhere else kind of gives away the game.  I'd guess this another minnow set up to try to make Iowa look bad when he actually goes somewhere else.

• Bob 1

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Mineo calling for Iowa and then hoping he goes somewhere else kind of gives away the game.  I'd guess this another minnow set up to try to make Iowa look bad when he actually goes somewhere else.

To be fair he did call “Iowa trying to get Alirez into the portal” and then he went in the portal, so seems like there’s probably some truth here.

But I’m not sure why almost all of the alleged offers that get leaked are from Iowa.  Must be a mole at the HWC…

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

To be fair he did call “Iowa trying to get Alirez into the portal” and then he went in the portal, so seems like there’s probably some truth here.

But I’m not sure why almost all of the alleged offers that get leaked are from Iowa.  Must be a mole at the HWC…

Well, Minneo didn't mention the $500K until after Willie said he was going in.   It's not like Mineo to sit on anything so I would guess he is just making stuff up.   I'm sure Iowa will offer a strong NIL offer but I doubt Mineo actually has a clue what it is. 

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

/\

/      \

/            \

/                 \

Just to add on, the entire western half of the state is very mountainous with occasional river basins. Here's my amended drawing! 🙂

\                /   \                                     /\

/      \          /       \                \            /      \   -45 minute drive- Greeley

\          /            \     /            \      /         \      /            \

\     /                  /                \                  /                 \

/                                       \                                      \

\                                     \

____________________________________________________\______________________________________________________

• Bob 1

13 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

His mole is the Hawkeye board.