Transfer Portal

30 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Did he get hurt this year?  He didn't look real great this season. I don't think he was a MAC champion. I am not sure he can beat out Alvarez, but if Rider brings him in I am sure it would be for them to not be in the same weight. 

He was injured only wrestled 6 matches and 3 of those against lemley 2x and Ryan Jack , just realized he’s not a senior he’s a junior and probably could wrestle 3 more years 

49 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I heard that from Askren but folks here convinced me with good reason that even if possible, it would be difficult and perhaps unlikely

can you imagine the pins that team could rack up if it were true with KOT,Hendrickson,Surtin that would be very fun

• Bob 2

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Saldate to the portal , feel like this guy has been around forever , tough break for MSU idk what they have moving forward but looks like it could be an ugly year for MSU

Curious if Lujan also enters.  They are best friends.

He is a contender and a Cali boy.  Makes me wonder if ASU or OSUW is in the mix.  I also wonder if it has to do with weight.  Fish is there and at 165lbs and maybe he wants to go 165lbs?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, nhs67 said:

He is a contender and a Cali boy.  Makes me wonder if ASU or OSUW is in the mix.  I also wonder if it has to do with weight.  Fish is there and at 165lbs and maybe he wants to go 165lbs?

Oof.

image.png.966812da73958a19bb6f8605fcad1b08.png

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

18 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Saldate to the portal , feel like this guy has been around forever , tough break for MSU idk what they have moving forward but looks like it could be an ugly year for MSU

After his monster senior year in hs i was super excited to see him at the d1 level. Never thought he should’ve gone to msu. Hope he goes out with a bang 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Going somewhere as a team might be a little tough. I think you are right that coming back closer to home might be the goal.  ASU already has Figs at 125 and Chlebove at 133...Teemer has another year at 157 plus they will already have a log jam with Manville coming in and Larkin there. They also have Ruiz at 165.   Cal Poly is another option - Lujan would fit nicely there, but they have Legend Lamer at 157 and WIck coming back at 165 next year. 

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Minnesota could really use a one year 125 and a one year 157. I hope we’re involved in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

1 hour ago, Ragu said:

After his monster senior year in hs i was super excited to see him at the d1 level. Never thought he should’ve gone to msu. Hope he goes out with a bang 

VT needs a 165 if he can bulk up a bit 

To educate folks...

OSU = Oklahoma State
tOSU = The Ohio State
OSUW = Oregon State

OSU earned the distinction and the fact that tOSU calls themselves tOSU makes it very easy.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1
  • Potato 1

I am thinking the Michigan State gents are heading in because the school 'doesn't have' the money to keep them on scholly an additional year.

Just now, RandolphTJones said:

I've concluded that once everyone assumes or hears a wrestler is transferring to a specific school (Hamiti to UM in this case) said wrestler is probably NOT transferring there. 

I mean... Oly last year, Truax and Nagao last year... all came straight out and it was rumored they were headed to where they ended up.

Same with the Northwestern gents... it was rather known they were probably a package deal and Davison was set on Michigan from the get-go.

• Potato 1

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I mean... Oly last year, Truax and Nagao last year... all came straight out and it was rumored they were headed to where they ended up.

Same with the Northwestern gents... it was rather known they were probably a package deal and Davison was set on Michigan from the get-go.

I thought Truax, and the NW trio were all ambiguous once they  officially entered the portal for a little while. Nagao entered, and PSU was the choice like a day or 2 later. 

Edited by RandolphTJones