Transfer Portal

hoping he goes to NC state or okie state I think both are good places to develop him. Mineo reported Michigan which would be a bummer I don't think they are a trophy contender next year. 

4 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

Part of me wonders if Caliendo doesn’t go 157 next year with Franek gone. If he’s able, which wouldn’t shock me, that would be best case scenario for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caliendo seems fine at 165 and could be a bigger threat at the weight next year with some work in the offseason. I like Siebrecht at 157 and think it makes for a stronger lineup.

18 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

hoping he goes to NC state or okie state I think both are good places to develop him. Mineo reported Michigan which would be a bummer I don't think they are a trophy contender next year. 

They weren't a trophy contender this year either... until they were.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Evan Tallmadge - Freshman from Navy enters the portal.  He beat Colton Camacho from Pitt pretty handily but then got injured before Christmas and never came back from it.  I'm curious if his Naval Academy credits easily transfer elsewhere  and whether or not he owes any money or service to the academy in exchange for his one year.

6 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Evan Tallmadge - Freshman from Navy enters the portal.  He beat Colton Camacho from Pitt pretty handily but then got injured before Christmas and never came back from it.  I'm curious if his Naval Academy credits easily transfer elsewhere  and whether or not he owes any money or service to the academy in exchange for his one year.

Typically, a student in good standing can leave one of the US military academies within the first two years with no financial penalty.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 2

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

Unpopular opinion: Hamiti is fine and doesn't need to transfer.

His wrestling has looked a lot better this year. He was destroying just about everyone and went into the postseason with only 1 loss (Carr) and an 84% bonus rate. We all expected Hamiti to AA, but he had a tough draw in arguably the toughest weight and finished with losses to the national champion (Carr x2), the runner-up (MM), and Olejnik. No shame there. I don't think Bono or the program has failed Hamiti.

• Bob 2

Unpopular opinion: Hamiti is fine and doesn't need to transfer.
His wrestling has looked a lot better this year. He was destroying just about everyone and went into the postseason with only 1 loss (Carr) and an 84% bonus rate. We all expected Hamiti to AA, but he had a tough draw in arguably the toughest weight and finished with losses to the national champion (Carr x2), the runner-up (MM), and Olejnik. No shame there. I don't think Bono or the program has failed Hamiti.

I agree with this. I feel like him transferring has more to do with Reader likely leaving than anything. But I’m just speculating.

Lots of talk about the Little Rock guys. While the athletic department itself may not have deep pockets, that is not who cuts the check for NIL deals. Their program essentially started because one incredibly rich Arkansas businessman wanted them to have a team. I bet they’re going to find a way to keep those guys.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

I agree with this. I feel like him transferring has more to do with Reader likely leaving than anything. But I’m just speculating.

Where is Reader going?

10 minutes ago, Greenwave said:

Cunnigham, Bolyard, Smith, Bennett, to name a few who have to be interviewed.

Smith?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Which forum posters have entered the fan transfer portal?   And where are they headed?  

Should one ever give up on a team?  If so, when?  When the best guys transfer or graduate ... or when the coach retires or leaves ... or when the team just plain stinsk?

In the non-sports world, loyalty should arguably have limits. Truth should trump it when loyalty leads one to lie or embrace a person or group that has "broken bad'.

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Rutgers and Oklahoma State, what's the other school? 

Yeah I think only third school technically.  He was initially committed to NC State, but don’t think he ever actually enrolled, although he only announced he was going to Rutgers a few weeks before classes

56 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

Which forum posters have entered the fan transfer portal?   And where are they headed?  

Jimmy keeps transferring back and forth between Iowa and Penn St.  

• Haha 2