2024 NCAA Wrestling Championships - Session 1

nhs67

Just now, bnwtwg said:

Hendrickson is still the guy that ran roughshod last year at NCAAs and nearly broke Parris's ribs on the way to a gut tech from hell only saved by the out of bounds line. But he's definitely not the same guy as he was up until October 27, 2023.

He blew his knee out at worlds over the summer.  It was in the last scramble of the finals iirc.  He's got the same spirit so to speak, but he's definitely not the same dude he was last year. 

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

There was a video of Captain America... err Kyle Snyder when he was a junior or senior and all of 230lbs and he wasn't doing much over 315lbs.

For reps or one rep? I'm 195lb and 315 is about my one rep max. Kyle's a lot bigger than me, I'm sure he can rep it out.

Looks like a few Penn State guys spent the past week reading their press clippings instead of working hard in the room.

A team that in the past has been kown for Bonus points looks like they don't believe they matter.

Edited by AgaveMaria
  • Fire 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

7 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

He blew his knee out at worlds over the summer.  It was in the last scramble of the finals iirc.  He's got the same spirit so to speak, but he's definitely not the same dude he was last year. 

Yeah that was October 28 thus my post 😘

• Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

10 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Yeah 425 while being a wrestler would be… unnatural… to put it lightly.

These guys are obviously jacked but they’re not hitting that much while having such insane cardio. If he or beard wanted to dedicate a few years to the lift grind post grad I bet they could both get up to it.  They are specimen. 

Why? When I was a sophomore in college I was putting up 350 at 210 pounds while eating McDonalds and not living a good lifestyle. 

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

Nice round for the young Buckeyes. 5th place behind Penn st, Nebraska, Michigan and Iowa st.

6-3 in the first round with 2 pins and a tech fall

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

Top 4 seeds in all weights won their first match.  

mspart

There must have been at least 12 of those matches that were one-point matches. Could get really interesting the next round.

• Bob 1

33 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Schultz already winning 3-0 in greco with titty pushouts after one period.

"Superior" folk scoreboard shows 0-0.   Barf!!!

Adding "titty pushouts" to my Greco vocabulary right there next to "T-rex stance" and "starfish position".

Just going to hold my arms like I'm carrying a birthday cake and ram into this other guy a few times until the ref decides one of us should make snow angels on the mat and the other can hug me to cheer me on. Can't imagine why the sport isn't gaining popularity. When that Frenchman invented the sport and named it "Greco Roman", he thought he could pull a sneaky one on us. Not me. I know what "French wrestling" is when I see it, and I don't like it. I've been doing good ol' fashioned, red white and blue, American folkstyle wrestling like the good Lord intended. Just ask Aaron Brooks.

• Bob 1

20 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

Looks like a few Penn State guys spent the past week reading their press clippings instead of working hard in the room.

A team that in the past has been kown for Bonus points looks like they don't believe they matter.

No one should be working hard in the room the 2 weeks before NCAA they should be tappering or in the case of Penn St, playing dodgeball. 🏐

31 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

PSU still got 7.5 bonus pts in that round, and that is with Davis and Starocci both shutting their offense off in the 3rd.

2 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Most anticipated round 2 match ups tonight????

Personally Bouzakis vs Fix for me. 

Thats my upset special of the tournament. Neither one is afraid to let it fly. You have the seasoned 7th or 8th year veteran vs the new kid on the block. Both tough gritty wrestlers. Should be a good one.