Pan-Am Olympic Qualifier 2/28 - 3/1

28 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Here's the full match, I recommend watching if you haven't already. 

WHAT....IS.... THAT.... NOISE? 

How can you be allowed to do that during matches. Is that the key to getting into PSU's head? 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

4 minutes ago, Idaho said:

WHAT....IS.... THAT.... NOISE? 

How can you be allowed to do that during matches. Is that the key to getting into PSU's head? 

Hahaha, that is a little import that Mexico brought in from Iran.  The first time I heard it was way back at worlds in NYC.  It is this little plastic horn that EVERY Iranian section brings, and it traditionally gets used to a tune/beat of toot toot toot "IRAN!" toot toot-toot-toot toot-toot-toot "IRAN!"

Mexico fans seem to have come up with their own slightly simplified version for making themselves known. 

• Fire 3

50 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Maybe the non-wrestling board should reconsider their thoughts about the border

We need to build a beautiful wall to keep-em in? 

That Lee/Gomez match was crazy. I am not a fan of Penn State, but I do like Nick Lee. He DID NOT look like Nick Lee out there. Even at the start of the match, he didn't look right. 

As for Gomez's injury, his right leg and knee were trapped in a triangle made by Lee's thigh and calf and the mat. His scream came a little late, but my guess is that it was legitimate. I do wish they had given Lee the opportunity in par terre. I mean, Nick just took him down! It would've also given Lee time to burn some clock. 

I have to think that whatever fever was affecting Lee caused him to go upper-body up by four points with a minute left in the match against Austin Gomez. 

6 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I have to think that whatever fever was affecting Lee caused him to go upper-body up by four points with a minute left in the match against Austin Gomez. 

This legit could be a thing that Penn State messes up.  For anyone who hasn't traveled to places where the water can do you dirty, it is not a fun time.  

Chinese people drink hot water because it is the solution to not shitting your pants for a week, not because they enjoy drinking hot water during the summer.  

• Fire 1

65KG again is up in the air and hanging in the balance.   Zane has to beat Darion Cruz to get 57 qualified but, what is with 65?   Failed last Olys and now so far again.   Both by PSU wrestlers.   At the last chance, you have to win it correct?

I agree that Lee did not look great.   He got taken down too handily, did not maintain good positioning against Gomez.   Nothing against Gomez, that was a heck of a match he wrestled there. 

mspart

3 minutes ago, mspart said:

I agree that Lee did not look great.   He got taken down too handily, did not maintain good positioning against Gomez.   Nothing against Gomez, that was a heck of a match he wrestled there. 

Yianni needs to fix the Nick Lee mental hump.  He's our best rep for this weight

• Fire 2

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

3 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah.

Meh.  I want better sport.  The sport is enhanced by having more high level athletes competing in it.  In my mind, we're better off having Gomez rep Mexico then whomever they would put out in normal circumstances.  Also, it's not really cheating so much as one might argue a lack of competitive spirit.

• Fire 3

Yianni needs to fix the Nick Lee mental hump.  He's our best rep for this weight
I was high on Yianni for a while, but he just hasn't made improvements for several years now. I'm over the Retherford/Yianni/Lee era and ready for Alirez to take over.
  • Fire 4

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Meh.  I want better sport.  The sport is enhanced by having more high level athletes competing in it.  In my mind, we're better off having Gomez rep Mexico then whomever they would put out in normal circumstances.  Also, it's not really cheating so much as one might argue a lack of competitive spirit.

fair enough, as long as you sort of see where I'm coming from that's fine.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

13 minutes ago, Crotalus said:
42 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I was high on Yianni for a while, but he just hasn't made improvements for several years now. I'm over the Retherford/Yianni/Lee era and ready for Alirez to take over.

Lets bring JO back

53 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Lets bring JO back

To do what?  Also lose?

Because that was all he did, too.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

can you explain

Concussions for one thing.

Injury history.  Maybe not the best training environment.  Some head scratching matches in recent years.

Lets not pretend he's some unstoppable world beater who doesn't get challenged internationally.  He had a 9-8 squeaker over Destribats last Pan Am, and you could definitely make the case that Lee was more competitive vs. Amouzad.

But yes, he does have four straight L's to Nick Lee.

• Fire 1

Has anyone noticed how much better Venezuela is doing in wrestling that past results would suggest.  

Pan Am Championships

57 - Silver

74 - Bronze

86 - Silver

97 - Bronze

125 - Bronze

Pan Am OG

74 - Semifinal

86 - Semifinal

97 - Fighting for semifinal spot

125 - Fighting for semifinal spot

I just don't remember them being all that proficient in wrestling.   Times they are a changing.

mspart

• Fire 2

Has anyone noticed how much better Venezuela is doing in wrestling that past results would suggest.  
Pan Am Championships
57 - Silver
74 - Bronze
86 - Silver
97 - Bronze
125 - Bronze
Pan Am OG
74 - Semifinal
86 - Semifinal
97 - Fighting for semifinal spot
125 - Fighting for semifinal spot
I just don't remember them being all that proficient in wrestling.   Times they are a changing.
mspart

Pick up a Russian coach or two recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1