Earliest we’ve seen half the pre-season #1s go down? Who’s Next?

Pish

31 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea but when march rolled around both guys were undefeated and hall was returning national champ and Zahid got the 1 seed bc of that “ exhibition match” 

Yeah and?  Agree with you. They’ll count the losses at the All-star matches for coaches rank

Hall/Zahid set the precedence. 

Edited by Pish
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Pish said:

Talking about rankings..he’s no longer #1

You are using Flo, which factored in the exhibition matches.

Intermat, which did not - and was used for seeding purposes of Cliff Keen - has Matthews at #1 (still):

https://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/college/141?

Screenshots_2022-12-03-22-59-42.png

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, Pish said:

Talking about rankings..he’s no longer #1

42 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea but when march rolled around both guys were undefeated and hall was returning national champ and Zahid got the 1 seed bc of that “ exhibition match” 

seeds are not the same as rankings 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

You are using Flo, which factored in the exhibition matches.

Intermat, which did not - and was used for seeding purposes of Cliff Keen - has Matthews at #1 (still):

https://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/college/141?

Screenshots_2022-12-03-22-59-42.png

Sure but if Alairez and Mathews are the two remaining guys undefeated at the weight. Who do you think will be 1 seed at NCAAs?

Secondly,  what’s your issue?  I made a simple post saying half the guys that were pre-season #1 have gone down. What’s your argument?  Mathews lost..we all saw it and coaches will take into account when coaches rank comes out. You didn’t get the jist of my post or you just replying to get me to explain a simple post?

Edited by Pish

9 hours ago, Pish said:

Sure but if Alairez and Mathews are the two remaining guys undefeated at the weight. Who do you think will be 1 seed at NCAAs?

It all depends on style points.  My opinion doesn't, matter though.  This was a matter of factual statement: In NCAA competition this season Matthews is still undefeated.

9 hours ago, Pish said:

Secondly,  what’s your issue?  I made a simple post saying half the guys that were pre-season #1 have gone down. What’s your argument?  Mathews lost..we all saw it and coaches will take into account when coaches rank comes out. You didn’t get the jist of my post or you just replying to get me to explain a simple post?

See above.  Unless you mean in all of wrestling.  If that is the case, then Yianni is on a two match skid and Matthews has lost multiple times since last college season finished.

If you want to know my opinion on Matthews and Alirez, I am going Alirez all day.  I was high on Alirez before he beat McKenna and am really hoping this is the year he puts it together.

1 hour ago, JBluegill133 said:

I just commented on this weight on another thread but I think there is going to be a new #1 almost every week at 157 this year.  

While I am hoping that Saldate beats Monday today, I won't be picking it.

Until Monday loses he should be #1.  Who do you think beats him?

While I am hoping that Saldate beats Monday today, I won't be picking it.
Until Monday loses he should be #1.  Who do you think beats him?

Peyton Robb rolled at CKLV…and I remember an early season Robb giving David Carr everything he could handle last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was at the top of the podium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

"Look good, feel good, wrestle good." - J Jaggers

I don't think O'Toole loses.  He's That Dude at the weight.

Mark Hall being the previous years champ is not factored into NCAA seed, I don't believe.  He lost the 1 seed probably indirectly from the All Star match, but the match was not counted by the NCAA.  The truth is, as I remember it, Zahir had a better season outside of his head to head win in the exhibition anyway.