Next Iowa champ?

headshuck

4 minutes ago, Hokeye said:

Real Woods is the next most likely imo.  Kennedy of the young guys.  

If we are looking beyond this year, I think with the depth at 165 with the likes of O'Toole, Carr, Hamiti all being so young Kennedy winning will be a tall task. I am interested to see how the young talent Iowa has brought in produces. Would not be surprised if it were someone like a Kolby Franklin at 197 or a Cody Chittum at 149.

Just now, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Why is your answer to , "you haven't watched him then" a link to an Iowa forum? Have you actually watched?

.He didn't look better against Elam or Penn.... he looks to be further away from a national title than he was last year. Obviously things can change, but based on what we have seen so far I would not pick him to make the finals. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

13 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Why is your answer to , "you haven't watched him then" a link to an Iowa forum? Have you actually watched?

.He didn't look better against Elam or Penn.... he looks to be further away from a national title than he was last year. Obviously things can change, but based on what we have seen so far I would not pick him to make the finals. 

Honestly he is just as close as least year. But so is the rest of the 197 field. If you take last year's bracket and wrestle it 10 times you would get 14-20 different finalists - the champion had two match-deciding calls go his favor in large part due to his last name and The Carl Effect. If Warner is a 2x finalist or DNPs in March no one will bat an eye. That's just the state of 197 since Nickal and Moore graduated.

i am an idiot on the internet

49 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i don't think he's that athletic...

What is your reasoning behind him not being that athletic. Everything that I have watched or seen on him shows that he is very good in wrestling positions which include scrambling, flexibility, and strength. In my opinion these would be traits for athletic ability.

21 minutes ago, JVStateChamp said:

What is your reasoning behind him not being that athletic. Everything that I have watched or seen on him shows that he is very good in wrestling positions which include scrambling, flexibility, and strength. In my opinion these would be traits for athletic ability.

He looks pretty athletic here taking out freshman stud Jackson Arrington in Super 32 Finals. 

4 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Honestly he is just as close as least year. But so is the rest of the 197 field. If you take last year's bracket and wrestle it 10 times you would get 14-20 different finalists - the champion had two match-deciding calls go his favor in large part due to his last name and The Carl Effect. If Warner is a 2x finalist or DNPs in March no one will bat an eye. That's just the state of 197 since Nickal and Moore graduated.

I can think of a few people who will definitely bat an eye if he goes from finalist to DNP. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

8 hours ago, JVStateChamp said:

i am with you that there are different types of athleticism, in his case after seeing him in High school a significant amount, he really has to wear guys down before the points come. As much as I admire that, even at a high level in high school the points should sometimes come sorta easily to a guy whose gonna track as an NCAA champion. 

I went back an forth with a friend about how bouzakis would tranlate, because he wrestled with so much power, and the one time I've seen him this year (he was bumped up so maybe unfair) he didn't look great. 

I am not trying to be smug and simplistic with this statement, but everyone in college is strong and in shape, thats not what makes for monster freshmen.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."