Heavyweight huskers

jajensen09

9 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Schultz is bigger and might be the better water mark.  Kerk beat him, eh?

Sounds like this guy might give Karelin a run for his money, so my interest is piqued.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

When did Kerk beat Schultz?

Nash vs a Hurricane, who wins?

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yup. 

I think Fat Tony was like 3-0 vs Kerk.  Then Tony lost 30 pounds and never beat Kerk again.

At the same time Tony was losing 20 lbs Kerk was putting on 20 lbs of muscle.

I don't think Kerk is going to lose to a guy who hasn't wrestled for 3-4 years.  He looks to have jumped a level from last year, let alone to back when he was losing to Cass. 

But it will be really interesting how Nash looks, where is cardo is at and if he can make a run at NCAAs.  His size and strength will certainly be challenge for most HWTs. 

His ceiling is probably 5-8th, which would be really big for Nebraska. 

• Fire 5

5 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

I don't think Kerk is going to lose to a guy who hasn't wrestled for 3-4 years.  He looks to have jumped a level from last year, let alone to back when he was losing to Cass. 

But it will be really interesting how Nash looks, where is cardo is at and if he can make a run at NCAAs.  His size and strength will certainly be challenge for most HWTs. 

His ceiling is probably 5-8th, which would be really big for Nebraska. 

If he could AA that is huge for nebraska.  10-15 team points nebraska wouldn't have had 

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Is he a threat to Kerk?

Gotta think so. Maybe even the favorite in that match. Kerk is well under 285, Hutmacher is coming down from 330. 

I mean AJ is the favorite over Aaron Brooks right? Given AJ is coming down from 230 to 197 and Brooks is coming up from 184 to 197. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Gotta think so. Maybe even the favorite in that match. Kerk is well under 285, Hutmacher is coming down from 330. 

I mean AJ is the favorite over Aaron Brooks right? Given AJ is coming down from 230 to 197 and Brooks is coming up from 184 to 197. 

Aj doesn't look like he is top 5 at this point

On 12/8/2023 at 12:09 PM, jajensen09 said:

Maybe there is a big nil deal for him to wrestle for a semester..

NIL deals can't be tied to competing.

On 12/8/2023 at 5:01 PM, Le duke said:

Good point. But I’m guessing that’s a bit exaggerated. Let’s say he’s 315.

He could easily drop 7-8lbs a week in December and clock in at 289 around the New Year. Certify, and he’s a week from wrestling at 285.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he weighed 315 on Dec 8, his descent plan would have him making 285 by the weekend of Feb 2. IIRC the regular season ends the weekend of Feb 16, so not a lot of runway if he's over.

He's listed as a junior, did he last wrestle in spring 2021 in high school?  This will be a fun one to follow, really hard to just step into B1G competition after maybe three years off.  But, this guy was the number one at his weight in HS and 285 is a little different from the other weights.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

42 minutes ago, jchapman said:

He's listed as a junior, did he last wrestle in spring 2021 in high school?  This will be a fun one to follow, really hard to just step into B1G competition after maybe three years off.  But, this guy was the number one at his weight in HS and 285 is a little different from the other weights.

Him being all of 285 will help. I believe he will get a couple matches in this weekend 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

NIL deals can't be tied to competing.

If he weighed 315 on Dec 8, his descent plan would have him making 285 by the weekend of Feb 2. IIRC the regular season ends the weekend of Feb 16, so not a lot of runway if he's over.

He can wrestle this weekend... 

I hope he does well. And honestly I don't even care if he's actually doing this for football reasons. His stock will improve as an NCAA qualifier, much less AA and could be the difference between UDFA and day 2 pick if he plays well next year. I'm all about our sport showing out.

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

On 1/8/2024 at 3:06 PM, CHROMEBIRD said:

Hoping to see Hashnut and Keuter go this week

I think we only see it if the dual comes down to heavyweight, and even then I’m not convinced.

Would be pretty cool though.