Cy-Hawk Thread

Someone send the article or tweet later. 

Dresser says, "We lost our head in the corner.  We didn't do a good job in the corner" and does not elaborate.  The play-by-play guy speculates coach thought his guy had the riding time rather than PK.

It looks to me like the ISU coach is signaling to release PK in the gif.  His hands keep going up, rather than down or in a fist/squeeze or anything that might signal 'hold him.'  Speculation on my part.

1 minute ago, jross said:

Someone send the article or tweet later. 

Dresser says, "We lost our head in the corner.  We didn't do a good job in the corner" and does not elaborate.  The play-by-play guy speculates coach thought his guy had the riding time rather than PK.

It looks to me like the ISU coach is signaling to release PK in the gif.  His hands keep going up, rather than down or in a fist/squeeze or anything that might signal 'hold him.'  Speculation on my part.

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The coaches in this gif are the Iowa coaches.

Thank you!  Makes sense now.  I didn't see Brands or Dresser or know who the guy was in the corner.  The announcer was saying that Gaitan was looking up at his corner... but he was looking at... maybe Bobby Telford (I had to look him up).

I see Brands off to the side.  

44 minutes ago, jross said:

Would you care had the referee called a TD?  

• Art. 12. Reaction Time. The amount of time a wrestler is provided by the referee to react to individual scoring or wrestling situations. Reaction time is provided in all situations except for locked hands calls down on the mat. Reaction time is determined by each individual referee and is described only as a period that is not instantaneous https://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/WR24.pdf

I’m not a fan of either team so no I probably wouldn’t have “cared,” but I would have thought it was the wrong call.

Chittum was closer to a takedown than Woods IMO, and seems like the refs agreed.

Edited by 1032004

10 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

ISU had their chance. Could be another 30 years now. 

Next year should still be close no?

Of tonight’s winners, ISU loses only Carr, while Iowa loses Woods and Franek.  Could come down to Bastida vs Kueter

Edited by 1032004

24 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Next year should still be close no?

Of tonight’s winners, ISU loses only Carr, while Iowa loses Woods and Franek.  Could come down to Bastida vs Kueter

There’s an old saying. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades 

Edited by JimmyBT

12 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

There’s an old saying. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades 

Not sure who else Iowa will have at 157 or 141 next year, but off the top of my head ISU probably becomes the favorites at those weights with Iowa becoming the favorite at 165, which would give them the dual if in theory the rest of the matches have the same outcome as tonight.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I’m not a fan of either team so no I probably wouldn’t have “cared,” but I would have thought it was the wrong call.

Chittum was closer to a takedown than Woods IMO, and seems like the refs agreed.

@jross I actually just watched this like 20x and I actually could see this being called either way.

It does seem like there is an ever so slight pause while Woods has his knee down, that you could probably argue was “reaction time.”

Reaction time really needs to be defined…

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

@jross I actually just watched this like 20x and I actually could see this being called either way.

It does seem like there is an ever so slight pause while Woods has his knee down, that you could probably argue was “reaction time.”

Reaction time really needs to be defined…

More to the X poster (@HuskerDu, I guess) but the clock graphic wasn't synced with the real clock.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Not sure who else Iowa will have at 157 or 141 next year, but off the top of my head ISU probably becomes the favorites at those weights with Iowa becoming the favorite at 165, which would give them the dual if in theory the rest of the matches have the same outcome as tonight.

In theory.  Got it.