Russia Out...Again.

Le duke

1 hour ago, billyhoyle said:

that is including illegally annexed sports bodies as part of its Olympic contingent.  

The French could really stick it in Vladdie's eye by playing half the Russian Anthem and half the Ukranian Anthem (Ukranian first) for any gold won by annexed sports federations!  Then the Russians will run away of their own accord.  

The French could really stick it in Vladdie's eye by playing half the Russian Anthem and half the Ukranian Anthem (Ukranian first) for any gold won by annexed sports federations!  Then the Russians will run away of their own accord.  

If they try to show up in their tanks as promised, there won’t be any Russian athletes, in any sport, in Paris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

On 10/18/2023 at 11:35 AM, mspart said:

Yeah, Hitler did just this way back in 1936 in Berlin to show the superiority of the Arian race.   Jesse Owens ruined his week. 

mspart

Yeah...that was a sad story. Really felt for Adolf's driver!

Great bit about it here...not sure when it starts, but it's only 6 minutes long and it's all funny;

Edit-It starts at about 5:40, but...the rest is a leadup to that joke. 

Edited by scourge165
  • Fire 1

You take Russia out,

You put Russia in, 

You take Russia out, and you shake it all about.

You do the Putin Pokey, and you wave it all around.

That's what it's all about.

D3

• Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 hour ago, D3 for LU said:

You take Russia out,

You put Russia in, 

You take Russia out, and you shake it all about.

You do the Putin Shootin', and you wave it all around.

That's what it's all about.

D3

FIFY

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

42 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

That was an Albania/visa decision, not a UWW decision. 

Same reason Iran wasn’t allowed to compete at Bout At The Ballpark held in… Stillwater, OK USA.

Didnt see anyone pointing fingers at UWW then.

i am an idiot on the internet

5 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

That was an Albania/visa decision, not a UWW decision. 

Not pointing fingers at any governing body just the ridiculousness of it.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Who did Iran try to send in their federation to Albania? For the event in the U.S., the main person to be denied entry was Alireza Dabir, and there was no way he was going to be let into the country based on his prior comments.  

During a televised interview in early January, the federation president went political as he expressed his admiration for Iran’s top general commander, Qasem Soleimani, killed in a US airstrike two years ago. “We keep chanting ‘death to America,’ but what counts is that we demonstrate that in action,”

On 10/12/2023 at 1:46 PM, mspart said:

So will Russian athletes be able to compete under another flag like they did in the recent WCs?  If so, they still have the opportunity to compete, just that Russia will not be in the story. 

mspart

"the IOC reserves the right to decide about the participation of individual neutral athletes with a Russian passport in the Olympic Games Paris 2024 and the Olympic Winter Games Milano Cortina 2026 at the appropriate time."

Note the reference to "individual neutral athletes".  It's not all or none.  They are leaving in the opportunity to be selective about admission.  If, say, Sidakov is truly pro Russia as respects Ukraine, he could be banned while other Russians are llowed to compete.

• Fire 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2023 at 6:40 PM, wrestle87 said:

Because the right price hadn’t been reached.  It’s pretty amazing how for sale just about every inch of international moral fiber is.

It's international and metric, donchaknow?  Centimeters of moral fiber are for sale.  Due to inflation they cost the same as an inch.

• Haha 1