Gaetz files for divorce

Plasmodium

And thirty percent of us talk about this apparent " extremism" in the Democrat party.  :classic_huh:

When extremists don't think that McCarthy isn't extreme enough,  you KNOW that you have problems with ideology. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Congress folks need to stop cramming unrelated stuff into bills and be more responsible with earmarks. Also, set a budget, then figure out how to spend it wisely. The way they're doing things now is a clown show!

Responsible congress members should do what it takes to 'make it so.' 

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

It is the ownership I am concerned about.  ~10 people own Congress.  One of them is Lauren Boebert.

Yeah,  but she does put out in public.  

• Haha 2

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

The divorce is final.  Time to get on with the cardinal business of Congress which is continuous and repeated election of the speaker and Hunter Biden's crucifixion.  

Meanwhile, the GQP plays victim even though everything starts with them.  We are good hands, folks!

All democrats voted to remove McCarthy.   This after he got them to agree not to shut down the government.   The D's were mostly for that bill over the weekend which was done by McCarthy.   They obviously did not like that he reached across the aisle and got something that they desperately wanted done done.   Or maybe they voted him down because he essentially forced them to vote to keep the government running ruining their ability to blame Rs for shutting it down.   Because they were all ready to blame the R's for shutting down the government.   And oops, he presented a bill that they had to vote for because it kept the government open.   

mspart

• Fire 1

Who are the 8 Republicans who voted to Oust McCarthy?   How many are former wrestlers like Bob Good of Virginia?   

Answer to question #1:  Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona, Rep. Ken Buck of Colorado, Rep. Tim Burchett of Tennessee, Rep. Eli Crane of Arizona, Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida, Rep. Bob Good of Virginia, Rep. Nancy Mace of South Carolina and Rep. Matt Rosendale of Montana.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/house-speaker-vote-kevin-mccarthy-matt-gaetz/card/eight-republicans-voted-to-oust-kevin-mccarthy-9cNHatFUkDw2pQwBn0Yf#:~:text=Here are the Republicans who,Rep. Matt Rosendale of Montana.

Folks, Bob Good is serious about making a difference.   Before this job, he was working hard to help rescue wrestling at his alma mater Liberty University, which is now an NCWA program...albeit a very successful one.   Without Bob there, L.U. could be like Old Dominion University a few hours southeast of there:  not even a club program.   The guy is proud of his wrestling background, too, as this page helps show:

https://ballotpedia.org/Bob_Good

51 minutes ago, mspart said:

So who will be the next speaker?  R or D?   I don't think there is an R they will rally around and all D's will rally around their leader.   This will be a waste of time for the next week or so. 

mspart

Be humiliating and embarrassing beyond words if the Rs are forced to put KM back in.  At least that would free KM from bondage.

Wouldn't that be something!!   I would laugh hard if that happened.   I think he generally did a good job but doesn't have enough of a cohesive group to work with.   The D's are all 100% together and the R's are demonstrably not. 

mspart

2 hours ago, mspart said:

All democrats voted to remove McCarthy.   This after he got them to agree not to shut down the government.   The D's were mostly for that bill over the weekend which was done by McCarthy.   They obviously did not like that he reached across the aisle and got something that they desperately wanted done done.   Or maybe they voted him down because he essentially forced them to vote to keep the government running ruining their ability to blame Rs for shutting it down.   Because they were all ready to blame the R's for shutting down the government.   And oops, he presented a bill that they had to vote for because it kept the government open.   

mspart

How bad does your spine hurt from bending so far over backward?

And exactly how did the Democrats trick Gaetz into calling for this vote?

And it is clear to me that McCarthy's appeasement to the hard right in deciding to bring an impeachment on Biden had absolutely nothing to do with the Democrats' vote. (That was sarcasm.)

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, mspart said:

Wouldn't that be something!!   I would laugh hard if that happened.   I think he generally did a good job but doesn't have enough of a cohesive group to work with.   The D's are all 100% together and the R's are demonstrably not. 

mspart

One would think that this is enough to unify more of our federal (and state) elected officials behind plans of significant cost-cutting action...but it doesn't seem like it.   The national debt has quintupled in just the past 20 years and there's no end to the growth in sight...

http://www.USDebtClock.org