Keckeisen Tweet

peanut

8 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Everyone here in town wants to blame the AD for EVERYTHING that goes wrong in town,  including non- university related things,  but what can he do when a building has been condemned?

The wrestling team already secured millions just a  few years ago to renovate their wrestling room. If people had the foresight that we expect our AD to have,  then they should have used those funds to renovate the building,  and not just build a wrestling room.

Yes, it's more complicated than just one person. 

He knew the condition of the building and what needed to be done - as did I am sure other people did as well. A building does not just get condemned in an instant.  Having worked in a variety of roles in education, safety inspections are done at least once a year.  This was not a surprise of what work needed to be done and it certainly was not  something that suddenly happened. Is it entirely his fault? Probably not. Did he know? I am 100% certain. Is the job of the wrestling program to ensure that the entire building where the practice facility is housed it up to code each year? No - they are only responsible for their program.  

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

Thanks, Biden.

Heck,  yeah,  thanks Biden! If billions are being spent on economic,  commercial,  and infrastructure development that means that Biden isn't hurting us here!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

43 minutes ago, Idaho said:

He knew the condition of the building and what needed to be done - as did I am sure other people did as well. A building does not just get condemned in an instant.  Having worked in a variety of roles in education, safety inspections are done at least once a year.  This was not a surprise of what work needed to be done and it certainly was not  something that suddenly happened. Is it entirely his fault? Probably not. Did he know? I am 100% certain. Is the job of the wrestling program to ensure that the entire building where the practice facility is housed it up to code each year? No - they are only responsible for their program.  

I live here and follow only UNI, so allow me to learn ya.

For starters,  the renovations in the wrestling room began before our current AD came on board.  If it was SO CLEAR (it wasn't) that the entire building was going to be condemned, and our AD was not here,  why didn't the construction crews, the donors,  the coaches,  and the FORMER AD stop the presses on that renovation,  which have now proven to be a waste of millions of dollars?

Keep in mind,  it should have been SO CLEAR to our current AD, how did it escape the hunnerts ( as we say in Minnesota) prior?

See,  it doesn't fall on the new black guy in town,  nor does it fall on any one person.  NO ONE knew the building would be condemned. 

Got it now?  Good...

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

As Idaho said, the university knew for years what was coming. it's an utter fail by their admin.

and a giant slap in the face to the coaches and athletes. 

the bottom line is this - a DI athletic program has no where to practice and shower.

what an embarrassment. 

No,  Idaho would be wrong.  Why didn't the previous AD, and the construction crews who did the renovations in 2012 know that and not stop it?

They either didn't know ( that's the truth), or they didn't care. 

Either way,  it's NOT the fault of the current AD, who came on board in 2016.

Booyah!

What of the people that say the gym had to be preserved at any cost for history and legacy? If they knew the building was a goner they should have bought into a chunk of the new gym instead of clinging to hope of renovations that could never be enough. Its closure was a known conclusion and still some people fought against buying into a plan for something else. If everybody tells you your team is going to be without a home someday you'd better scramble to find it a new one not just let other teams grab theirs and shut you out. A 1920s building needs a full gut rehab, just the shell standing for nostalgia, much more expensive to just building anew, when everybody else has fled and you're the only team left, nobody can afford a gut rehab for one team. https://globegazette.com/sports/college/uni-wrestling-belongs-in-the-west-gym-but-reality-says-its-days-are-dwindling/article_a717e1bd-6068-5ab3-8ade-bfb3d1694095.htmlhttps://globegazette.com/sports/college/uni-wrestling-belongs-in-the-west-gym-but-reality-says-its-days-are-dwindling/article_a717e1bd-6068-5ab3-8ade-bfb3d1694095.html

40 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

the bottom line is the team has no where to go.

could there be anything more embarrassing than a DI program (in any sport) not having facilities. 

who gives an eff if the onus is on the old AD, the New AD, or anyone else? 

You apparently do,  because you said it all falls on the administration. 

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

is your beetle brain trying to suggest that it's no one's fault? 

no one at all? 

i mean, you do realize they knew for years this was coming, right? 

for real, you're about to be banned for being a douchebag pain in the ass. 

• Fire 1

TBD

10 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

for real, you're about to be banned for being a douchebag 

Well,  as you know,  that's par for the course for me,  so have at it.  Life goes merrily along after my culture gets canceled.  

Now,  with that said,  how did it come to be in our society that your last word became an "insult?" Given what their job is and where they lurk,  I could think of a HECK of a lot worse places to be. 😇

And,  the facility that they are using is in the space of a private business who just happens to have five people in the family,  some work at the place,  who were all Iowa Sqwawker rasslers. Another family member wrestled at Wartburg. 

15 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

How is it not the failure of the administration to feel a building up to code? Why in the world should the coaches be in charge of keeping buildings up to code? 

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

there's no where for them to practice. 

An absolutely blatant slap in the face to the sport of wrestling… One that the sport can not afford right now. 

Been a while since something in wrestling has made me angry like this. Ridiculous. 

• Fire 1

This is interesting, but wrestling is one of the easiest sports to find a practice space for. two wrestling mats rolled out takes up less space than a basketball court, and mats are pretty easy to transport given that the team can move their own stuff if necessary (back in middle school, we'd turn the cafeteria into a mat room every and then back every single day!). Not saying a temporary setup is sustainable long term, but for a season or so, not a big deal. For the sake of the student athletes, hopefully this all gets sorted out sooner rather than later.

• Fire 1

On 9/27/2023 at 10:01 AM, Gus said:

How is it not the failure of the administration to feel a building up to code? Why in the world should the coaches be in charge of keeping buildings up to code? 

Read what I've said throughout.  No one single person bears the blame for this.   It's more complicated than how must of us are told to think these days. 

In addition, there were two different administrations during all of this. 

On 9/27/2023 at 10:17 AM, alex1fly said:

Do y'all know for sure that there's nowhere to UNI to practice? Or are you just sharing tweets.

Yes,  they have a facility off campus.