Keckeisen Tweet

peanut

Sounds like its a little deeper than that. From what I read over on Twitter/X, UNI dragged their feet on providing any type of updates to West Gym and then they just condemned the building.  On top of that it sounds like they offered no other options for training facilities so the coaches and the wrestlers had to find their own building and make it "mat ready" without any support from the university.

https://x.com/knarkill/status/1706555586941210690?s=20

• Fire 2

"Look good, feel good, wrestle good." - J Jaggers

I know UNI's team and Parker, in particular, really embrace the blue-collar brawler aesthetic, but geez.  These guys are literally lugging equipment and mats around, painting and doing construction work on their own sparse facilities.  I've been in MANY high schools with much nicer resources.  Panther train literally traded headgear for hardhats.  Meanwhile you look at the FLO "7 campuses in 7 days" videos and there are some teams that have some incredible facilities who UNI has recently beaten (tOSU).  It all reminds me of Cary Kolat's story about the cold water pipe in Mongolia.  How can you not root for UNI!  

• Fire 2

40 minutes ago, Idaho said:

What a nightmare.... should have hammered out the office walls in the athletic admin building and set up mats. Sad commentary on the AD at UNI. 

Everyone here in town wants to blame the AD for EVERYTHING that goes wrong in town,  including non- university related things,  but what can he do when a building has been condemned?

The wrestling team already secured millions just a  few years ago to renovate their wrestling room. If people had the foresight that we expect our AD to have,  then they should have used those funds to renovate the building,  and not just build a wrestling room.

Yes, it's more complicated than just one person. 

• Fire 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

32 minutes ago, WildTurk said:

The West gym is a giant pile of crap. The Old Heads will cry about it, but it needed to go years ago.  Waterloo/Cedar Falls in general is crumbling. Avoid going there unless you have to! Friendly advice

Waterloo and Cedar Falls is crumbling!? That's news to us!

That also must be why there are billions of dollars being spent as we speak on new buildings,  bidnesses, and roads,  eh?

As the kids say,  " stay in your lane. "

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Everyone here in town wants to blame the AD for EVERYTHING that goes wrong in town,  including non- university related things,  but what can he do when a building has been condemned?

The wrestling team already secured millions just a  few years ago to renovate their wrestling room. If people had the foresight that we expect our AD to have,  then they should have used those funds to renovate the building,  and not just build a wrestling room.

Yes, it's more complicated than just one person. 

so this is the fault of the wrestling coach and not the administration?

at least you're consistent in stanning for politicians. 

• Fire 3

TBD

2 hours ago, WildTurk said:

The West gym is a giant pile of crap. The Old Heads will cry about it, but it needed to go years ago.  Waterloo/Cedar Falls in general is crumbling. Avoid going there unless you have to! Friendly advice

perhaps, but shouldn't a DI sports team have a practice facility? 

TBD

11 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

so this is the fault of the wrestling coach and not the administration?

at least you're consistent in stanning for politicians. 

I said that if the crumbling facility was so clear and obvious,  and the AD is solely the one responsible for not realizing that,  why were millions put into renovating the wrestling room just a few years ago?

In short,  a lot of parties missed the boat,  with not one party solely being responsible. 

Bottom line is that it's a condemned building and somehow no one saw this coming. 

Edited by Ban Basketball