Tazhudinov

BuckyBadger

43 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

Complete surprise to see him dismantle both Snyder and Sadulaev back to back.

Was anyone aware of this guy and that he was this good coming into this tournament?

For US fans, Taz basically came out of nowhere. Pretty good reminder that it's super tough to stay on top in this sport.

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

Ahh, yes. Boltukaev.

But Bolt was tearing it up domestically for a while before he got the nod in 2014.

Admittedly, I’m not as up to speed on some of the young up and comers internationally, but was completely unaware of Tazhudinov.

I could be wrong, but I think Jim may be inferring a different similarity to Bolt.....

That said, Taz has a much less suspicious look to him than Bolt did. The performance was incredible though. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I could be wrong, but I think Jim may be inferring a different similarity to Bolt.....

That said, Taz has a much less suspicious look to him than Bolt did. The performance was incredible though. 

Yeah, that wasn’t lost on me, and it’s always a possibility.

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:

A little bit of both,   I don't like throwing unfounded accusations out, but Russia has earned the suspicions 

• Fire 3

I guess what is also a bit different about Tazhudinov is that he wrestles for Bahrain. Usually, the high caliber Russian guys that aren’t going to be the top guy in Russia go to other former Soviet countries. I guess Bahrain is now throwing their oil money after Olympic medals and they happened to get a good one when he was young.

Edited by BuckyBadger
  • Fire 1

I said it yesterday - we likely just witnessed the changing of the guard yesterday. Just as quick as Sadulaev and Snyder stormed the world at a young age laying waste to everyone in their path, Tazhudinov either had the tourney of his life or is following the same script.

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

3 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

I said it yesterday - we likely just witnessed the changing of the guard yesterday. Just as quick as Sadulaev and Snyder stormed the world at a young age laying waste to everyone in their path, Tazhudinov either had the tourney of his life or is following the same script.

Like many, I would guess it's the latter. That dude is a horse. Where has Russia been hiding that kid?

21 hours ago, Jim L said:

A little bit of both,   I don't like throwing unfounded accusations out, but Russia has earned the suspicions 

Definitely deserved suspicions but Taz looked pretty small compared to Snyder and Sadz. The scary part though is he's still filling into a full-sized grown man frame

• Fire 1

19 hours ago, scribers said:

Bahrain and UAE buy the heck out of

professional cyclists 

Those cyclists are riding for sovereign fund sponsored teams in the grand tours and other pro events, but it does not appear they have changed citizenship to represent those countries at the Worlds or Olympics.

https://bahraincyclingteam.com/team/

http://www.uaeteamemirates.com/team/

• Fire 1

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

37 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Definitely deserved suspicions but Taz looked pretty small compared to Snyder and Sadz. The scary part though is he's still filling into a full-sized grown man frame

He has a different frame than Snyder and Sadulaev. He looked plenty big at the weight to me. He is tall and long.

• Fire 1