Tazhudinov

BuckyBadger

Did he just have the best tournament we’ve ever seen? Has anyone else ever knocked off two guys with 4+ world golds who are still in their prime? And in such dominant fashion?! Micic had an amazing tournament too, but not quite that good

Idk which one you’d give the OW to. They both pulled off the seemingly impossible

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

Did he just have the best tournament we’ve ever seen? Has anyone else ever knocked off two guys with 4+ world golds who are still in their prime? And in such dominant fashion?! Micic had an amazing tournament too, but not quite that good

If Taz didn't have the tournament he did we'd still be raving about Micic's run.

On 9/18/2023 at 1:29 PM, BuckyBadger said:

Complete surprise to see him dismantle both Snyder and Sadulaev back to back.

Was anyone aware of this guy and that he was this good coming into this tournament?

The main thing he did prior to winning this WC is win the 2023 Asian Games in April - he beat Goljei of Iran in the SF which is notable - I went back and watched his SF & Final matches from that tournament and it looks like he has improved a lot in the last 6 months.

On 9/18/2023 at 1:35 PM, Jim L said:

Why I am reminded of this guy:

semifinal_anzor_boltukaev_rus_df._kyle_snyder_usa_3-0_b.jpg?VersionId=S08A9ieBGSsA_josn.A18dM9k9maC0GS&itok=-paby62_

This is hardly fair - Tazhudinov is obviously physical but he beat both Kyle and AS with excellent technique and movement.  He is 20 years old and just coming into his own - similar to B Satiev in the 1995 WCs.  Boltakaev had been around quite a while and had made a sudden unexplainable leap in ability that was more physical than technique based - more akin to Ben Johnson than Buviar Satiev.

• Fire 1

Where did I say that?

Given that the posters before you had described Gulf states more or less buying athletes (involving changing citizenship), like the topic of the thread, I thought you implying that they were getting Tadej Pogacar, etc. to change their nationality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comparing Taz to Bolt is an absolute insult to this kid. He didn't big brother either of those guys. It was literally technique and leverage. I'm sorry, the guy isn’t all that muscular, at all. But when he gets more matured, physically, into 97, oh my. 

• Fire 3

4 minutes ago, Lleynor said:

Comparing Taz to Bolt is an absolute insult to this kid. He didn't big brother either of those guys. It was literally technique and leverage. I'm sorry, the guy isn’t all that muscular, at all. But when he gets more matured, physically, into 97, oh my. 

I'm not saying that he is definitively on PEDs, but this is what they often say when guys test positive.  Not to speak ill of the dead, but if you were to look at the old board, there were plenty of posts that Kudhukov (and before him Leipold) were just great technicians and didn't rely on strength to win... just great technique.  

Guess what?  Technique is a lot easier to hit and looks a lot smoother when you are juiced to the gills.

• Fire 1

The real reason the Boltukaev comparision is ludicrous is that Boltukaev had been around for a while before being incredible in the lead up to the Olympics. We had a large control group of results. Tazhudinov is a 20 year old phenom.

Trust me, the Russians knew who he was. The reason we didn't is that he just started competing in the last year. I'm guessing we never saw him at age-level tournaments for one of two reasons 1) He was sitting out the waiting period after transferring to Bahrain or 2) Bahrain doesn't send guys to age-level worlds.

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I'm not saying that he is definitively on PEDs, but this is what they often say when guys test positive.  Not to speak ill of the dead, but if you were to look at the old board, there were plenty of posts that Kudhukov (and before him Leipold) were just great technicians and didn't rely on strength to win... just great technique.  

Guess what?  Technique is a lot easier to hit and looks a lot smoother when you are juiced to the gills.

Now that is very true. I agree completely. Anything is easier when freakish strength is involved. 

The guy reminded me of a Freestyle version of the 197 Cornell guy a few years ago. Long levers, and just so smooth using his length to his advantage, and utilized ideally for his specialty. That guy would ride in Folk easily, and also reverse easily. The Taz guy literally had zero offensive points on Snyder. Zero!! And yet, he teched him. 

• Fire 1