Twitter is better

jross

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I see Musk has reinstated Alex Jones and did it by hosting a live chat with Jones, Andrew Tate, and Vivek Ramaswamy.

I cannot bring myself to download or use Twitter, but I also cannot look away from the slow motion car crash that is Musk's ownership of the platform.

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

He is all in.

The customers of x are the advertisers.  The product they are selling is the users. Does the addition of Alex Jones improve the product?

15 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I see Musk has reinstated Alex Jones and did it by hosting a live chat with Jones, Andrew Tate, and Vivek Ramaswamy.

I cannot bring myself to download or use Twitter, but I also cannot look away from the slow motion car crash that is Musk's ownership of the platform.

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

I can't even imagine what the reasoning was.  He banned him before because of his use of the dead children, something like:

“My firstborn child died in my arms. I felt his last heartbeat,” Musk said when asked if he would reinstate Jones’s account last year. “I have no mercy for anyone who would use the deaths of children for gain, politics or fame.”

Now, we found out later the first part was a lie, but apparently so was the last!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

And now we have some numbers from people "familiar with the matter".

2022 ad revenue $4.73 bn

2023 ad revenue $2.5 bn estimated

-47.15%

Wow.  It's crazy that a man who was pretty good at running an EV tech company and very good at running a space tech company was not automatically good at running a social media company!

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

And now we have some numbers from people "familiar with the matter".

2022 ad revenue $4.73 bn

2023 ad revenue $2.5 bn estimated

-47.15%

Musk must be efficient, he can run it with half the revenue.  😉 Efficiency is why SpaceX and Boring are successful.  🙂

• Stalling 1

9 minutes ago, jross said:

This may put X in line with 2018 revenue.  We know some of the costs were notably reduced but we are not privy to everything.  There might be some income before taxes...
image.png

Even Musk says there isn't.

And what is missing from 2018? How about ~$1.5 billion in annual debt service.

He may have reduced human cost, but I doubt he reduced total cost.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

6 hours ago, headshuck said:

X plans to be the “everything” app. I’m old enough to remember Jeff Bezos in the early days claiming you would someday buy everything on Amazon.com.

X?

Xwitter will never, ever be the "everything" app. Not an ice cube's chance in hell.

The idea of Xwitter taking over online commerce is like the idea that Ford will take over all auto companies. The competition won't allow it to happen.

Tech companies made boatloads of money because they initially existed in a space with no competition. As soon as competition arrived, their rocketing success was immediately tampered.

Twitter had (1) "tech" feature that their competitors couldn't match. Did that make it worth $44 billion? Meh.

Xwitter will have all it can do to keep ahead of the competition. Any plans of being "everything" are a pipe dream.

X?
Xwitter will never, ever be the "everything" app. Not an ice cube's chance in hell.
The idea of Xwitter taking over online commerce is like the idea that Ford will take over all auto companies. The competition won't allow it to happen.
Tech companies made boatloads of money because they initially existed in a space with no competition. As soon as competition arrived, their rocketing success was immediately tampered.
Twitter had (1) "tech" feature that their competitors couldn't match. Did that make it worth $44 billion? Meh.
Xwitter will have all it can do to keep ahead of the competition. Any plans of being "everything" are a pipe dream.

Spoiler alert. You can’t buy everything on Amazon. Amazon is worth over 1.5 Trillion dollars. Let that sink in.