Twitter is better

jross

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Would it surprise you if they committed scientific fraud by skewing data inputs to produce a desired outcome? This happens all of the time from crime statistics to climate change to Presidential polling averages. 

5 minutes ago, DJT said:

Would it surprise you if they committed scientific fraud by skewing data inputs to produce a desired outcome? This happens all of the time from crime statistics to climate change to Presidential polling averages. 

This reminds me of my favorite line from How I Met Your Mother. Robin is a news anchor and her lead in to commercial was, "Is your baby trying to kill you? The answer may surprise you."

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

On 7/29/2023 at 6:42 PM, Scouts Honor said:

that dude has many more important things about SF to be pissed off about... yet he chooses something that literally affects no one. 

The X is on its way down.  It is almost as if Musk laid off the lawyers as well.  Perhaps he decided to take charge of all the departments he is not well versed in.

10 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

The X is on its way down.  It is almost as if Musk laid off the lawyers as well.  Perhaps he decided to take charge of all the departments he is not well versed in.

He already said it was a temporary sign. Nobody with half a brain would think he’d get away with that being a permanent fixture.

2 minutes ago, DJT said:

He already said it was a temporary sign. Nobody with half a brain would think he’d get away with that being a permanent fixture.

There were cranes doing that work.  Both putting it up and tearing it down a few days later.   That sign cost many millions.

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

There were cranes doing that work.  Both putting it up and tearing it down a few days later.   That sign cost many millions.

It’s a matter of scales. He makes more millions in a month than you or I make hundreds in a year… I know I’ve wasted several hundred bucks on stupider things. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, DJT said:

It’s a matter of scales. He makes more millions in a month than you or I make hundreds in a year… I know I’ve wasted several hundred bucks on stupider things. 

You are right.  Not being snarky, but he has already burned through about 30 billion on Twitter->X

13 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

You are right.  Not being snarky, but he has already burned through about 30 billion on Twitter->X

Twitter—>X cost something like $4B alone in loss of brand value. I have a feeling he doesn’t really care. He’s never not going to be unimaginably rich, no matter what he does. Even with “just” $1B, you can spend almost $55k/day for 50 years… it’d get boring after a couple of years, but I wouldn’t be against trying it. With his net worth right now, he could do Brewster’s Millions until he’s 720 years old, but he’d probably run out of stamps to buy after a while.

Edited by DJT
  • Fire 1

On 11/22/2022 at 12:29 PM, Ban Basketball said:

LOL!

Yes, as Iowans, or at least in our area of Iowa, we aren't very Golden Corral savvy.

I hear tell that Wkn knows a thing or two about the Golden Corral.  😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I know a thing or two minus a thing or two.

Was expecting you to say you know not to eat there or at least know not to take the wife there for the weekend fancy meal.  🙂

3 minutes ago, mspart said:

He seems to have a thing about X.   Named his kid with an X.   Renamed Twitter to X.   I have been told he wanted to name paypal X.   Seems to be a thing of his.  

mspart

And the company he merged with Paypal's creator was called X.com. In the deal Paypal got to keep the URL. Ultimately, Musk bought it back from PayPal in 2017.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge