Gable to announce he's joining the Hawkeyes tonight

9 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

This is my official prediction.  The addition of the Ferraris, Steveson, Caliendo and Franek make this a bona fide 2 team race next year.  As a Penn State fan I welcome the challenge!

Everyone knows what Santa does on that one special day of the year. But have you ever wondered what his life is like the other 364 days? Well, let me enlighten you. Santa’s got a bit of a weight issue. I mean, the guy spends his entire night squeezing down chimneys, carrying a giant sack of presents. I bet his exercise routine is like, “Do 50 squats, eat 50 cookies, repeat.” And let’s talk about his fashion sense. Red and white? Really? It’s like he’s the ultimate brand ambassador for Coca-Cola. But let’s not forget the list of naughty and nice kids. I can just picture Santa sitting there, scratching his head, trying to remember if little Tommy was the one who stuck gum in his sister’s hair or if it was Jimmy. And what happens if he mixes up the lists? Imagine waking up to a lump of coal because Santa had a temporary lapse in memory. Awkward! And what about those flying reindeer? It’s like Santa found the world’s most talented animals and said, “You know what? Let’s form a supergroup.” And Rudolph, the star of the show, gets all the attention with his shiny nose. I bet the other reindeer are jealous and plotting some sort of reindeer revenge. So, next time you’re sitting by the fireplace, eagerly waiting for Santa’s arrival, take a moment to appreciate his bizarre life. After all, behind that big, jolly belly and white beard, there’s a man who’s got the world’s most ridiculous job. And if he can bring joy to millions while managing an army of flying reindeer, well, he deserves a round of applause and maybe a cookie or two.

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, ionel said:

I just re-read the OP, did Jimmy just minnow us here?

Can't delete or edit, though.  So no.  Not really.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

Everyone knows what Santa does on that one special day of the year. But have you ever wondered what his life is like the other 364 days? Well, let me enlighten you. Santa’s got a bit of a weight issue. I mean, the guy spends his entire night squeezing down chimneys, carrying a giant sack of presents. I bet his exercise routine is like, “Do 50 squats, eat 50 cookies, repeat.” And let’s talk about his fashion sense. Red and white? Really? It’s like he’s the ultimate brand ambassador for Coca-Cola. But let’s not forget the list of naughty and nice kids. I can just picture Santa sitting there, scratching his head, trying to remember if little Tommy was the one who stuck gum in his sister’s hair or if it was Jimmy. And what happens if he mixes up the lists? Imagine waking up to a lump of coal because Santa had a temporary lapse in memory. Awkward! And what about those flying reindeer? It’s like Santa found the world’s most talented animals and said, “You know what? Let’s form a supergroup.” And Rudolph, the star of the show, gets all the attention with his shiny nose. I bet the other reindeer are jealous and plotting some sort of reindeer revenge. So, next time you’re sitting by the fireplace, eagerly waiting for Santa’s arrival, take a moment to appreciate his bizarre life. After all, behind that big, jolly belly and white beard, there’s a man who’s got the world’s most ridiculous job. And if he can bring joy to millions while managing an army of flying reindeer, well, he deserves a round of applause and maybe a cookie or two.

We all find ourselves looking more like Santa each day. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Gable saw all the drama the Focus family brought to Iowa from a few social media posts and said "hold my beer." And I've got five bucks that says he's not done trolling and pwning Hawkeyes fans.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

On 7/26/2023 at 12:12 PM, bnwtwg said:

Gable saw all the drama the Focus family brought to Iowa from a few social media posts and said "hold my beer." And I've got five bucks that says he's not done trolling and pwning Hawkeyes fans.

Technically he didn’t say he wouldn’t be wrestling this year did he?  I still wouldn’t be surprised to see him be on an NCAA roster in January, but if so I’d go about 51% Minnesota and 48% Iowa right now

3 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Nah, I’d say 100% Minnesota if he wrestles. And I’d put that at 0%.

51% likelihood but on very heavy criteria:

110% Minnesota

Only if he wins a world title

Only B1Gs + NCAAs. Maybe senior night if they require at least one home dual appearance as part of the payment plan

Only if NIL + RTC pony up fat bag$$

43 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Once you’re done with college and making big dollars, who wants to back to grad school?

People who make big NIL dollars while enrolled in a blow-off real estate grad certificate course which turns into a big RTC deal while also making six figures pursuing a pro wrestling career + all the endorsement money?

4 hours ago, headshuck said:

Once you’re done with college and making big dollars, who wants to back to grad school?

Someone whose time making big dollars may be limited, and can also make big dollars while in grad school.

Edited by 1032004

On 7/27/2023 at 5:35 PM, headshuck said:

It seemed like he had realized WWE is heading in the Logan Paul/influencer direction and not toward the undersized elite athlete who needs a ton of acting development. It would make more sense to focus on amateur wrestling and MMA-two sports he will dominate. 

On 7/25/2023 at 10:17 PM, ionel said:

Please don't tell us what Jimmy looks like.   It would ruin the image for many of us.

Too late...

doughboy.jpg

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

21 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

It seemed like he had realized WWE is heading in the Logan Paul/influencer direction and not toward the undersized elite athlete who needs a ton of acting development. It would make more sense to focus on amateur wrestling and MMA-two sports he will dominate. 

8 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

How do I refer to freestyle and folkstyle together? Gable was going to do both 

Well freestyle is not "amateur" either so you'd say "folkstyle & freestyle."