Woke Translator: 2023 Edition

jross

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Yeah, you still don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Of course you can't tell me where I'm wrong, but go ahead with your astute observations.

Only in your fantasy world where Trump is still running the show do you not understand supply and demand.

11 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Of course you can't tell me where I'm wrong, but go ahead with your astute observations.

Only in your fantasy world where Trump is still running the show do you not understand supply and demand.

Sure I can.  For one, Trump pressed Saudi to both increase and decrease production at different times, based on what was best for America at the time.  And two, I listed where I get my news a while back and Fox wasn’t on the list.  

11 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Sure I can.  For one, Trump pressed Saudi to both increase and decrease production at different times, based on what was best for America at the time.  And two, I listed where I get my news a while back and Fox wasn’t on the list.  

You don't know what you are talking about, why are you even trying?

On 7/18/2023 at 12:55 PM, BobDole said:

Here is the simplistic version of what happened

Trump pressured the Saudis to produce more oil thus driving down the gas prices and gas prices went down. Note that it also put a strain on the US oil as that cut into their profits.

Covid hit and since no one was travelling there was an excess amount of oil/gas out there and prices plummeted more.

Once that happened the US drilling started shutting down due to... LACK OF PROFITS. The combination of the Saudi's making more oil and covid caused this.

That lead to less oil/gas production and thus gas prices going up again, you know the supply and demand thingy.

US Oil production is up since Biden took office, that is a fact. The drilling that shut down has slowly started back up, but that takes MONEY and TIME. There is very little need for more drilling operations and permits as we have more than enough out there than we can currently utilize.

the 'oil production is up under biden' thing is laughable. it's a trivial amount and in no way compensates for a diminished world supply.

the US has enough oil to be completely immune from global supply issues. 

TBD

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

the 'oil production is up under biden' thing is laughable. it's a trivial amount and in no way compensates for a diminished world supply.

the US has enough oil to be completely immune from global supply issues. 

I don't get your point.  The US oil market is not independent of the global market.

Whether enough oil is produced domestically to supply domestic demand is beside the point. It may or may not mean that we don't import oil, but it doesn't mean that domestic oil is priced differently.  A global shortage which drives up prices elsewhere will drive up prices here.

Some current happenings to unpack when discussing our country’s need to be energy independent:
Saudi Arabia negotiated a peace deal/ normalized relations with Iran with the help of China, completely cutting the US out of the talks.
Saudi Arabia is looking to join BRICS.

BRICS is looking to replace the USD as the world’s currency.

Saudi Arabia just cut oil production another million barrels/day, while we are just beginning to come out of an inflation crisis.

This decreased supply of oil will likely cause inflation to creep up, thus prompting more interest rate hikes.

The increasingly high cost of borrowing will continue to cool our economy until it tips into recession.

A recession will destabilize the USD, thus giving incentive (an excuse) for BRICS to ditch it.

A weakened USD not only means its value will decrease, but our ability to impose sanctions will decrease.

If we cannot effectively sanction “bad actors”, we lose our status as sole superpower.

Edited by DJT
  • Fire 1

Let this thread serve as evidence that Willie should not provide economic advice to anyone, ever.

The complete inability to perform basic research into publicly available data or understand very simple economic principles, while being so supremely and smugly confident in whatever BS he’s spouting, is just too perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

Let this thread serve as evidence that Willie should not provide economic advice to anyone, ever.

The complete inability to perform basic research into publicly available data or understand very simple economic principles, while being so supremely and smugly confident in whatever BS he’s spouting, is just too perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So everyone should listen to you??

• Fire 1

• 6 months later...

I know! This wokecicist crap has to end NOW! Why should I have to show ANY respeck and accomerdation for people with disabilities!?

Us Christian conservative Repulicans are ENRAGED by dementia suffers too, so let's end this wokecicist crap and start mocking people and treating them as they deserve!

• Confused 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

20 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I know! This wokecicist crap has to end NOW! Why should I have to show ANY respeck and accomerdation for people with disabilities!?

Us Christian conservative Repulicans are ENRAGED by dementia suffers too, so let's end this wokecicist crap and start mocking people and treating them as they deserve!

Season 5 Hello GIF by Pee-wee Herman