Cat fights and purse slapping over on the Iowa Board

PSUSMC

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

PSU fans have ZERO stones to throw when talking about athletics programs being associated with terrible people.  Probably should just be dropped...

So you're saying the US should not denounce Putin's actions in Ukraine?  Man, your PSU hate blinds you a bit

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

9 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

So you're saying the US should not denounce Putin's actions in Ukraine?  Man, your PSU hate blinds you a bit

No, I'm saying that PSU fans who root for an athletic program largely built on the gridiron successes of the enabler of a child rapist probably shouldn't be so quick to cast stones.  This is not exactly geopolitics we are talking about.

And for the record, I do not hate PSU wrestling so much as the cultish devotion and hypocrisy the program inspires.  Every time I hear Nico, RBY, Nick Lee, Jason Nolf, Mark Hall, Max Dean, and some others talk, I am very impressed.  I love watching Nolf wrestle.  David Taylor is one of my all-time favorites.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

5 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

No, I'm saying that PSU fans who root for an athletic program largely built on the gridiron successes of the enabler of a child rapist probably shouldn't be so quick to cast stones.  This is not exactly geopolitics we are talking about.

And for the record, I do not hate PSU wrestling so much as the cultish devotion and hypocrisy the program inspires.  Every time I hear Nico, RBY, Nick Lee, Jason Nolf, Mark Hall, Max Dean, and some others talk, I am very impressed.  I love watching Nolf wrestle.  David Taylor is one of my all-time favorites.

So where are you drawing the line?  Posting a link and admonishing a particular donor in the Iowa Hawkeye program is ok but suggesting it be called the Eviction Dome is not?  Also, it doesn't matter that college sports isn't geopolitics.  Both can be relatable in context

7 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

So where are you drawing the line?  Posting a link and admonishing a particular donor in the Iowa Hawkeye program is ok but suggesting it be called the Eviction Dome is not?  Also, it doesn't matter that college sports isn't geopolitics.  Both can be relatable in context

I wasn't interested in defending the donor whatsoever.  I was referring to the fact that the PSU faithful are coming up with derogatory nicknames for the new facility.  It would be easy to do the same with various buildings on the PSU campus, but with less flattering names than "Eviction Dome."

Also, I think we may differ on the geopolitics part...

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

5 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I wasn't interested in defending the donor whatsoever.  I was referring to the fact that the PSU faithful are coming up with derogatory nicknames for the new facility.  It would be easy to do the same with various buildings on the PSU campus, but with less flattering names than "Eviction Dome."

Also, I think we may differ on the geopolitics part...

You may be missing on the fact that it's in response to one particular donor who is on a public forum referring to PSU as Ped State, F*CK State, and goes on and on about crazy conspiracy theories on how Cael is a cheater, slush fund money etc.   PSU fans are attacking one antagonist 

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Rich white guy complaining about someone, or an institute, possibly being more rich?

Seems legit.

i am going to quote this just so it does not get lost in the ether...

• Fire 1

You’d think Nicolls would be too busy evicting chemo patients to shitpost all day but apparently not

He’s now stating, without proof (and demanding counter evidence to prove it is NOT happening) that PSU wrestlers are getting paid 30k/month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Le duke said:

He’s now stating, without proof (and demanding counter evidence to prove it is NOT happening) that PSU wrestlers are getting paid 30k/month.

If he just simply explains to his tenants that he needs to triple their rent so Iowa can win another team title they will surely understand 

14 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I mean... I fckn hope that is the case.  That would be awesome for wrestlers and wrestling in general if there were some place not only able to do it but actually doing it.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, headshuck said:

Are you saying the PSU starters alone have a $3,600,000.00 budget?

Can confirm.  They're loaded.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me