Ferrari v Brooks at 197

Fletcher

Rumor is Brooks moving to 197 with Truax dropping to 184. If someone picks up AJ, we've got two former champs at 197 next season.

Who you got and why? Both devout Christians, so I expect Jesus will stay out of it and not play favorites.

2 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Rumor is Brooks moving to 197 with Truax dropping to 184. If someone picks up AJ, we've got two former champs at 197 next season.

Who you got and why? Both devout Christians, so I expect Jesus will stay out of it and not play favorites.

Oh, I'm pretty sure Jesus has a favorite in this one!

• Haha 1

I would usually favor the incumbent champ, Ferrari, but with all of his legal troubles (felony criminal trial) even if Iowa throws a huge bag of money at him he will be distracted, wrestling only a partial season, and may have some rust on the Ferrari.

So given all that I favor Brooks, despite his comparatively puny deadlift max.

• Haha 1

Just now, jchapman said:

How tall is Brooks?  Wondering how he fills out 197.  Of course, his talent may overcome some of that.

He isn't that tall.  He is thick, strong, and fast.  He will be short for 197.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I mean, shit... Dean was a short 197lber and he has a couple inches on Brooks.

They're the same height.

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

How tall is Brooks?  Wondering how he fills out 197.  Of course, his talent may overcome some of that.

He's around 5'10" maybe slightly under 5'11".  Also,  when did Aj Ferrari become a giant?  He's barely 6 feet tall

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

3 hours ago, Gus said:

I think I would take Ferrari. Myles Amine is likely the only common opponent. 

Can never understand why people use a common opponent as a metric to predict an outcome in any sport.  Maybe a fun project for @Wrestleknownothing compile data and show us how inaccurate of a predictor it is

3 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Can never understand why people use a common opponent as a metric to predict an outcome in any sport.  Maybe a fun project for @Wrestleknownothing compile data and show us how inaccurate of a predictor it is

While common opponents do not paint a whole picture, they can/should be used as a metric for evaluating an athlete.

• Fire 2

13 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

They're the same height.

He's around 5'10" maybe slightly under 5'11".  Also,  when did Aj Ferrari become a giant?  He's barely 6 feet tall

I am not asking about Ferrari, we've seen how he's filled out 197.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

Just now, jchapman said:

I am not asking about Ferrari, we've seen how he's filled out 197.

Apologies.  Didn't claim you were.  Am getting ahead of the conversation about Brooks' size with the inevitable "is he big enough" when Ferrari himself is an undersized 197 pounder

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Gus said:

While common opponents do not paint a whole picture, they can/should be used as a metric for evaluating an athlete.

I'd lay a bet that common opponent, total points scored, bonus point rate are all bad metrics in determining the victor between two elite opponents that have never wrestled.  My fellow PSU fanatics made that same terrible mistake when I kept telling them Dake was going to beat Taylor.  I know points scored are "sexy" but they're too overvalued  

Edited by PortaJohn

6 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Apologies.  Didn't claim you were.  Am getting ahead of the conversation about Brooks' size with the inevitable "is he big enough" when Ferrari himself is an undersized 197 pounder

AJ Ferrari is now considered an undersized 197 pounder? In what universe?

• Fire 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Gus said:

AJ Ferrari is now considered an undersized 197 pounder? In what universe?

AJ is  under 6' tall with the wingspan of a midget.  He's undersized.  Go watch his matches if you dont believe me

• Haha 1