Spencer Lee has entered the US Open

bnwtwg

21 hours ago, Crotalus said:

I think Spencer was suffering more from mental fatigue than anything else. He had a long college career where he spent much of his time rehabbing. Working back into shape this season he got on an absolute tear where he looked as unbeatable as ever, but I think he peaked too early and burned himself out. He looked flat and tired going into the post season. A little time to decompress should benefit him. And not only is freestyle his best style, but the international season, with the opportunity to space out competitions, is a huge benefit to him, as well. He can train the way they do for boxing or MMA. Build up training intensity to peak for a single event and then have recovery time after. I'd love to see him and Glory hit at the Open.

He never actually gave himself the time to heal properly. I never thought such a focus on the NCAA results over long term health made much sense. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

He never actually gave himself the time to heal properly. I never thought such a focus on the NCAA results over long term health made much sense. 

Really? You might not have agreed with his choice, but you don't understand the motivation? 

• Fire 2

On 4/14/2023 at 8:26 PM, Eagle26 said:

Yeah I could definitely see Lee winning the open, but beating Gilman is a different story. I don’t see it happening but I’ve been wrong before and it will be fun to see. 

Pulse claims the impetus of Gilman leaving Iowa was Lee beating Gilman real bad in a live go. Any truth to that?

Patrick Glory is going to be sent to the shadow realm if he runs into Lee. That match will be a statement, exclamation point, and a permanent period on that “what-if” scenario. Suriano has killer defense and strong cardio but I don’t know that he will outlast Lee at scratch 57. I will put a sig bet, a wrestling club donation bet, or very real dollars on Spencer Freakin Lee to meet Gilman in June. I’m still a believer - maybe now more than ever since he has a Mt. Everest-sized chip on his shoulder.

i am an idiot on the internet

8 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Really? You might not have agreed with his choice, but you don't understand the motivation? 

I don’t see it. Going into college, he was a junior world champion and seemed likely to win world/Olympic gold medals. Year after year he was sent out there on one good leg and now I’d be surprised if he makes a world team. Is there any doubt his prospects are worse now than they were prior to college? 

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, headshuck said:

You guys might be laying the same pressure on him. I wonder if he should take a trip to the mountains like Daniel Dennis did?

Spencer Lee has had the same goatee since 7th grade. No way he can grow a mountain man beard like Dennis.

i am an idiot on the internet

7 hours ago, BAC said:

Pulse claims the impetus of Gilman leaving Iowa was Lee beating Gilman real bad in a live go. Any truth to that?

Not sure if I’d believe that, but even if it were true, Gilman has been training freestyle full time and has really improved and is proven at the senior level. Lee has wrestled freestyle like one time in the last six years. I’m still very hopeful for Lee because it was his best style and he is an absolute beast, but it’s a tall ask for him to beat one of the top guys in the world with such little training and questionable health. 

2 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Not sure if I’d believe that, but even if it were true, Gilman has been training freestyle full time and has really improved and is proven at the senior level. Lee has wrestled freestyle like one time in the last six years. I’m still very hopeful for Lee because it was his best style and he is an absolute beast, but it’s a tall ask for him to beat one of the top guys in the world with such little training and questionable health. 

Meant to say Pyles, not pulse.  Said it on his Flo show a few episodes ago like it was a known fact.  Was news to me.  

Agree that Gilman is a tall order for Lee now.

1 hour ago, LJB said:

Adorable…

Well, at least with LBJ, you never have any clue what the hell he's talking about!

What's "adorable?" Is it the "poo" style of Wrestling?

Do you find Spencer's facial hair adorable? 

While I DO applaud you figuring out what the shift button is for, what are you talking about? Are you watching puppy videos and just thought you share your feelings with us with absolutely no context? 

What prey tell is "adorable?"

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Well, at least with LBJ, you never have any clue what the hell he's talking about!

What's "adorable?" Is it the "poo" style of Wrestling?

Do you find Spencer's facial hair adorable? 

While I DO applaud you figuring out what the shift button is for, what are you talking about? Are you watching puppy videos and just thought you share your feelings with us with absolutely no context? 

What prey tell is "adorable?"

If he watching adorable puppy videos and not sharing them with us, he's a terrible person. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LJB said:

truth be told...

i just wanted to see if my stalker was still lurking around the corner...

clearly she is...

Ok...so I'm your stalker because you posted a nonsensical one word reply and I asked what it meant in a thread I was already posting in and that you HADN'T been posting in recently?

Yup...that tracks with LBJ logic!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

He's listening to his ego and not his body. 

I guess we'll see how he does.   I too hope for Lee to do well.   Maybe he should try stem cell therapy to build back those tendons better.

mspart