Spencer Lee has entered the US Open

bnwtwg

On 5/5/2023 at 2:28 PM, VakAttack said:

Look.  I was there.  There's no denying that Spencer looked lame having his dad give an interview and pulling out before the Suriano match.  I do believe he is hurt.  But if you show up, and then forfeit before your first high level match, it looks terrible.  Either don't go, or go and wrestle until you lose, and then forfeit out afterward like everybody else.

I want to debate you, but I know having gone through the same experience S Lee has, you can speak coming from common ground. Particularly since….you were there. 

On 5/5/2023 at 2:28 PM, VakAttack said:

Look.  I was there.  There's no denying that Spencer looked lame having his dad give an interview and pulling out before the Suriano match.  I do believe he is hurt.  But if you show up, and then forfeit before your first high level match, it looks terrible.  Either don't go, or go and wrestle until you lose, and then forfeit out afterward like everybody else.

Lee has wrestled hurt how many times? And look where that has gotten him. So pull out before further damage happens.

i am an idiot on the internet

3 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Lee has wrestled hurt how many times? And look where that has gotten him. So pull out before further damage happens.

That's fine.  Don't show up.  I wouldn't have criticized him.  Once you're there, though...finish out at least on the championship side.  And if you're going to pull out of the even, you can't have your father being the one giving statements.  If for some reason you can't physically give a statement, release a written statement.

12 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

That's fine.  Don't show up.  I wouldn't have criticized him.  Once you're there, though...finish out at least on the championship side.  And if you're going to pull out of the even, you can't have your father being the one giving statements.  If for some reason you can't physically give a statement, release a written statement.

Now Lee can’t even win with the level-headed Iowa fans. That was quick.

9 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Now Lee can’t even win with the level-headed Iowa fans. That was quick.

He can win just fine with me.  I'll be rooting for him hard at his next competition.  I don't have to be willfully blind to be a fan.

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a little strange that there are so many threads talking about Lee, or making excuses for why he didn't compete or why he lost. I haven't seen any excuse threads for Carter Starocci. 3x Ncaa champ too that entered injured.Should be giving more support to the wrestlers who can compete.

His PR man should stop with all the interviews and let his son get better mentally, and as best he can physically. Trying to keep him mainstream and setting unrealistic goals for a less than 100% athlete is obviously way too much for the young man to handle. His team still thinks he's Superman, but his Kryptoknees say otherwise. 

5 hours ago, Daddy Dave said:

It's a little strange that there are so many threads talking about Lee, or making excuses for why he didn't compete or why he lost. I haven't seen any excuse threads for Carter Starocci. 3x Ncaa champ too that entered injured.Should be giving more support to the wrestlers who can compete.

His PR man should stop with all the interviews and let his son get better mentally, and as best he can physically. Trying to keep him mainstream and setting unrealistic goals for a less than 100% athlete is obviously way too much for the young man to handle. His team still thinks he's Superman, but his Kryptoknees say otherwise. 

Huh?

Stalrocci comes off arrogant and pompous and does himself very little favors when he opens his mouth or lets his fingers run on the twitterspheres.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

16 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Huh?

Stalrocci comes off arrogant and pompous and does himself very little favors when he opens his mouth or lets his fingers run on the twitterspheres.

Starocci is everything Ferrari thinks he is and Ferrari is everything Starocci poses as. Chew on THAT one for a while 😬

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Starocci is everything Ferrari thinks he is and Ferrari is everything Starocci poses as. Chew on THAT one for a while 😬

I don't think that is culturally accurate.

Huh?

Nothing was mentioned about their attitudes, the comment was about their stature at the Open and similar win status. However, if you feel that standing in the circle with your hand out to shake your opponent's when he is still sitting on the mat wondering what just happened isn't arrogant...

1 hour ago, Daddy Dave said:

Huh?

Nothing was mentioned about their attitudes, the comment was about their stature at the Open and similar win status. However, if you feel that standing in the circle with your hand out to shake your opponent's when he is still sitting on the mat wondering what just happened isn't arrogant...

You mentioned Stalrocci.  I was just correlating criticisms.  Lee is seen as an epitome of 'What is' Iowa wrestling insofar as success and failure.  His failure meant the Brands bros suck more than they did before the tournament.  Stalrocci isn't seen as an epitome of 'What is' Penn State wrestling insofar as success and failure.  The reasoning for that is his attitude(s).

1 hour ago, Daddy Dave said:

Huh?

Sorry, again.

All I really mean is you can't compare Spencer Lee to Carter Starocci.

They aren't the same.  They mean different things to different fan bases.