Gable Steveson returning to wrestling

Jimmy Cinnabon

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Does the interview actually say “college” as well. What I have read is that he is wrestling in the us open. 

He's teased it for so long...might as well. Give yourself some regular competition, win another Title...

Greg Kerkvliet just decided an Olympic RS was probably the best for him next year! Maybe Nevills sticks around for one more year? I'm not sure if he actually transferred yet or not.

Something has to go right for UM here. Brayton Lee goes from #1 to injured and then hurt again this year, Nagao puts his name in the portal because someone put the idea in the air.

23 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Did Jimmy assume he was returning to college wrestling because the interview was at Minny?

I actually assumed he was coming back to Wrestle in College next year as well...just because he's been talking about it or suggesting he may return, Eggum has said he hoped to have him back and now that he's going to get back to Wrestling...why not Wrestle the 20 matches in College next year, win another Natty and then onto the Olympics?

He said he wants to perform in front of big crowds...you don't get bigger crowds in Wrestling than CHA, Bryce Jordan...and then the NCAAs. 

But, we'll see. I'd imagine he wasn't super focused on school at the end there as he was already making quite a bit of money. But it'd be fun to see!

• Fire 1

I'd think that if he does another collegiate season, it will probably be to help the Minnesota program more than a desire to get a third title.  What does he have to prove at this level?

I'd much rather see him focus on winning additional world and Olympic titles.

19 - 3rd

20 - N/A

21 - covid shirt 1st

22 - 1st

23 - redshirt?

The only motivation he could muster in the mirror for last season is that he hates Parris. Do you really think he would come back to beat up on Kerk and Cass and Schultz for the 500th time since grade school?

i am an idiot on the internet

49 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

19 - 3rd

20 - N/A

21 - covid shirt 1st

22 - 1st

23 - redshirt?

The only motivation he could muster in the mirror for last season is that he hates Parris. Do you really think he would come back to beat up on Kerk and Cass and Schultz for the 500th time since grade school?

Again...he's talked about how he loves performing in front of large groups.

Also, people are quick to forget how dominant Wrestlers were and they tend to just count their titles.

If he's back and he has a year, why not?