It's truly crazy that Penn State is not seen as vulnerable

VakAttack

And people are right!

So many of their top wrestlers, unlike in years past, are wrestling close matches constantly, and yet they (almost) always win them, and none of their top guys ever seem to lose.  Very frustrating as a fan of an opposing team, but impressive nonetheless.  We've all seen their stats in the NCAA semis and such.  I'm not even sure what the point of this thread is, I was just watching some videos during my lunch break and thinking about how, normally, if guy's wrestle always close matches, we think of it as living dangerously, especially at the NCAA tournament, but none of us think that about the Penn State guys in that way BECAUSE THEY NEVER LOSE THOSE MATCHES.

Even when they do lose a close match, like Brooks last year to Amine or this year to Coleman, we always expect them to win the next time they meet, and will always win at NCAAs.

Sigh.

• Fire 5

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

And people are right!

So many of their top wrestlers, unlike in years past, are wrestling close matches constantly, and yet they (almost) always win them, and none of their top guys ever seem to lose.  Very frustrating as a fan of an opposing team, but impressive nonetheless.  We've all seen their stats in the NCAA semis and such.  I'm not even sure what the point of this thread is, I was just watching some videos during my lunch break and thinking about how, normally, if guy's wrestle always close matches, we think of it as living dangerously, especially at the NCAA tournament, but none of us think that about the Penn State guys in that way BECAUSE THEY NEVER LOSE THOSE MATCHES.

Even when they do lose a close match, like Brooks last year to Amine or this year to Coleman, we always expect them to win the next time they meet, and will always win at NCAAs.

Sigh.

Yeah, this is like when they had 4 champs in 2021 and people seemed shocked.  I was like, why would you be shocked, they just had 5 a few years earlier

53 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

And people are right!

Sigh.

You don't honestly believe this.

33 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Seems like PSU fans roll with the punches and enjoy the journey a whole lot. Something to be learned from that I am sure. Wonder where they get that from? I will someday figure that one out. Bucket List. 

That's why BWI is boring IMO.  Pretty much every topic is "I trust Cael to do what's best" (which of course is an accurate statement)

29 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

That's why BWI is boring IMO.  Pretty much every topic is "I trust Cael to do what's best" (which of course is an accurate statement)

The Penn State fans I have met are far from boring. Iowa fans are also not boring, but they seem edgy ever since Sanderson got the ball rolling in PA. 

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

in my latest Crystal ball i have Mizz 3rd and Nebraska 4th.

both are very tenuous but MIZZ seems more solidly in the podium hunt than nebraska who, imo, has a lot of 'bubble' guys or unproven commodities 

May the wrath of @jajensen09 be merciful in its swift administration of justice.

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

5 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

in my latest Crystal ball i have Mizz 3rd and Nebraska 4th.

both are very tenuous but MIZZ seems more solidly in the podium hunt than nebraska who, imo, has a lot of 'bubble' guys or unproven commodities 

Mizzu can beat Penn St, Wkn has shown us the way.

Penn State has become a team that has been able to get their guys to close the gap on guys who beat them better than anyone. They have a history under Cael of losing a match to someone and then game planning and adjusting for the next time and winning. And outside of a rare occurrence once they overcome a guy they typically don’t let the guy beat them again. And when that does happen they are able to get one back when it counts the most. 

23 hours ago, VakAttack said:

but none of us think that about the Penn State guys in that way BECAUSE THEY NEVER LOSE THOSE MATCHES.

I think it was RBY who said right before his first NCAA finals match Cael came up to him and said, "In 10 years no one will remember this." 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted