Odds that Spencer Lee does not win NCAAs this year?

Dark Energy

Guy has major injury repair going on. Field is not chopped liver.  

For a hundred dollar bet, how much would you need to win to take the field vs Spencer Lee?  Lee not wrestling or injury defaults, or straight up loses , would mean that you win. 

I’m thinking about $400.  But not sure.  Curious on other’s thoughts.

Another interesting question is if Spencer ends up a 4x NCAA champ (like Dake and Stieber) but never wins an Olympic medal, because his body is spent....where does he rank in the all-time greats?

I assume he would have to be ranked next to Stieber, maybe 1 spot higher since Stieber had the controversial win vs Oliver.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Another interesting question is if Spencer ends up a 4x NCAA champ (like Dake and Stieber) but never wins an Olympic medal, because his body is spent....where does he rank in the all-time greats?

I assume he would have to be ranked next to Stieber, maybe 1 spot higher since Stieber had the controversial win vs Oliver.

He will go down as one of the greatest college wrestlers of all time...no matter what he does after. 

• Fire 2

There's no way to formulate a full opinion on this until we see Spencer on the mat.  If he looks like he did before the injuries or even most of the way, the odds are really good he wins.  If he doesn't, that changes.  We don't have near enough information at this point to make that determination.

• Fire 3

6 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Stieber has a JV World Championship to go with his 4 NCAAs, so that should bump him up a littler above Lee.

• Fire 2

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

10 hours ago, VakAttack said:

There's no way to formulate a full opinion on this until we see Spencer on the mat.  If he looks like he did before the injuries or even most of the way, the odds are really good he wins.  If he doesn't, that changes.  We don't have near enough information at this point to make that determination.

Even then I wouldn't be sure. He was a totally different wrestler at freshman year NCAAs than he'd been all year.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Yeah, but we're just talking about odds.

Yeah good point for the thread that's what was at issue.

So I'll use this to rant. For a message board odds discussions like this are good fodder.  But this gambling stuff has gotten out of control on TV and radio.  I just want to drill a hole in my head when entire shows are devoted to spreads when the time could be used to cover, you know, the games.  The extent to which games are watched and covered for the point spread or other thing besides the outcome is weird to me. The point of the game is to win. That's it. 

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, dragit said:

Yeah good point for the thread that's what was at issue.

So I'll use this to rant. For a message board odds discussions like this are good fodder.  But this gambling stuff has gotten out of control on TV and radio.  I just want to drill a hole in my head when entire shows are devoted to spreads when the time could be used to cover, you know, the games.  The extent to which games are watched and covered for the point spread or other thing besides the outcome is weird to me. The point of the game is to win. That's it. 

I get it and agree.  It's totally a function of money, since DraftKings and FanDuel seem to own the entirety of the sports podcast landscape.

46 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

the odds that his season is going to less fun than most anticipate is 90%. He'll see him infrequently, he won't be at his best, get his fourth title to loud but not thunderous applause...hopefully ready to tear up freestyle.

Yea, I get it.  How certain are you?  

What odds would you need to bet against him?  

7 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Id take odds at 100 to 1 and even then I probably wouldn't because to win I'd be betting on him getting reinjured 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 hour ago, Dark Energy said:

whats your point? you're just acting like i said he was gonna lose so you can pretend to be right about something?

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Knees are delicate mechanisms.   He will have to really protect those babies. 

Regarding Streibler, he won a Senior WC in 2016 for non Olympic weights.   So he has some credentials other than NCAAs. 

I don't know Lee at all but wish him the best of luck with his health.   If that works, he should be a 4 timer.

mspart

9 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

whats your point? you're just acting like i said he was gonna lose so you can pretend to be right about something?

Huh?    I could pretend to be right?  Lost me.

I think I asked a simple question.  And it is out of curiosity.  It is also the point of the thread.