Midlands Fell Apart and Soldier Salute Stinks

Husker_Du

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

Soldier Salute looks like an Iowa wrestle off day in some weights. I guess if you are an Iowa fan then that's a great day for you to see that...meh. 

Midlands did fall apart.... still a couple matches to look forward to. TBH I'm wanting a Burwick Lamont match on teh backside

No Burwick tho. Maybe on same SW flight as Lovett and Gomez?

Edited by gromit
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

It feels like the sport is spiraling.  The kids have the freedom not to wrestle, obviously, but the customers also have the freedom to stop watching.

The Soldier Salute feels like an Iowa fundraiser.  Come out to one of your only chances to see Spencer Lee this season!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

The Soldier Salute feels like an Iowa fundraiser.  Come out to one of your only chances to see Spencer Lee this season!!

I'm not superfussed about Lee wrestling there, it seems wise to get him some matches in a tournament format.  There is no denying, though, that the field is weak as hell.  Not much of a salute to the soldiers.  Really, why do Tom Brands et al hate our soldiers?

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

I'm not superfussed about Lee wrestling there, it seems wise to get him some matches in a tournament format.  There is no denying, though, that the field is weak as hell.  Not much of a salute to the soldiers.  Really, why do Tom Brands et al hate our soldiers?

Tom really fired up the rocket ship for this one.  🚀 

2 hours ago, Caveira said:

If your in the area at midlands.   Eat here.  Thank me later.   Chicago’s famous beef sandwich. I order it juicy (dipped) with both sweet and hot peppers.   

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100028989626506

Listen to this man, this is a man of culture. Johnnie's Beef is the stuff of legends. Try the Italian Ice too!

• Fire 1

31 minutes ago, neweruser69 said:

Listen to this man, this is a man of culture. Johnnie's Beef is the stuff of legends. Try the Italian Ice too!

They also do a mean combo. Sausage over charcoal too.   The original on Harlem and north is fantastic too.  (Not super close to midlands).  #1 beef in the universe.  

16 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

How many of the teams that participated in the national duals are doubling up with a holiday tournament? Not trying to be a butt, just genuinely curious but too lazy to look it up myself 

National Duals?  I thought Tommie & Carl killed that.  🤔

But sure prob makes sense with that journey man event, just that Flo seemed to be expecting them.  Maybe Flo doesn't know whats going on. 

Perhaps everyone should just stay home and do an intersquad like Iowa, would save the fans a bunch of money they could use to say go to Spring baseball camp games.  😞

Edited by ionel

8 hours ago, Caveira said:

If your in the area at midlands.   Eat here.  Thank me later.   Chicago’s famous beef sandwich. I order it juicy (dipped) with both sweet and hot peppers.   

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100028989626506

Kudos for Johnnie’s but that’s in southside and if you’re in that neck of the woods you GOTTA do Vito & Nick’s instead of regretting getting a juicy beef for the next 48 hours. Or get into Beverly and grab some Top Notch if you prefer a burger.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

11 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Kudos for Johnnie’s but that’s in southside and if you’re in that neck of the woods you GOTTA do Vito & Nick’s instead of regretting getting a juicy beef for the next 48 hours. Or get into Beverly and grab some Top Notch if you prefer a burger.

You know half of them would be scared to go to Beverly despite it being nicer and safer than most of the south suburbs.  And top notch is amazing 

3 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

You know half of them would be scared to go to Beverly despite it being nicer and safer than most of the south suburbs.  And top notch is amazing 

Safer than the badlands known as Old Town. I was shaking in my boots anytime I went to my brown line down in ol’ Cabrini Greens every day 🤣

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

Just now, bnwtwg said:

Safer than the badlands known as Old Town. I was shaking in my boots anytime I went to my brown line down in ol’ Cabrini Greens every day 🤣

Lol. I hate going to the north side.

I thought it was funny how almost all the gentrified north side neighborhoods became ghosts towns after the riots and most of the south side especially (Garfield Ridge, Hyde Park, Mt.Gr/Beverly) just chugged along