JB as an announcer

He’s one of the best we have for our sport. Replace the dead wood and rejuvenate the sport with fresh young talent. The has-beens who most will never remember once gone have truly hurt the very sport they claim to love. More JB’s please.

• Bob 1

Agree with the OP: great to see the champ bringing his knowledge of the sport and overall rizz to the people. I think he has a well-balanced approach: supporting Team USA but also giving props to everyone where props are due.

• Bob 1

JB has upped his game from NCAA’s about 1000%.  He has done a great job, mixes action and background commentary with actual topical technical comments.  I never would have thought I’d be saying it in March, but JB is doing a great job.  

• Bob 2

Agreed. One thing I really like is that he is constantly improving. I believe he listened to the criticism that he talked about himself a little too much at NCAAs and made some adjustments. There were plenty of opportunities to insert himself into the conversation and he didn’t do it this time. Kudos to him. He’s always be fantastic for our sport.

Also, you have to keep in mind he had his heart set on competing here and trying to finish with one more Olympic gold. I’m sure he’s still heartbroken over it and those thoughts creep up being in the arena and watching. He’s be extremely professional about it all. I really wish he could’ve got the perfect swan song this weekend, but it just wasn’t meant to be I guess

• Bob 3

IMHO... his wrestling announcer IQ is off the charts.

Really good to listen to what he says about the wrestler going at each other, and what each is doing to get into there match.

Keep at it Jordan!😎

D3

• Bob 4

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

14 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

IMHO... his wrestling announcer IQ is off the charts.

Really good to listen to what he says about the wrestler going at each other, and what each is doing to get into there match.

Keep at it Jordan!😎

D3

I think he's good enough as an announcer that he could pick up other sports.  He has a smooth calm presentation.  

• Bob 4

3 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

JB has upped his game from NCAA’s about 1000%.  He has done a great job, mixes action and background commentary with actual topical technical comments.  I never would have thought I’d be saying it in March, but JB is doing a great job.  

JB has done a great job many times......I've been saying that for some time now.  He only continues to get better.

He obviously takes his job seriously as opposed to promoting himself. Certain other wrestling media people try to insert themselves with inauthentic mannerisms, inflection, and opinions. JB, aware of his subordination to the sport itself, doesn't mess with any of that.

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

JB is great. And a a+ ambassador for the sport. 

Did anyone catch the comment about his dad giving him a gold necklace was like a wrestler bearing their flag ? I may have butchered it just walked in the room from doing some summer cleaning but I swear I heard him talking about gold necklaces.....and it may have been an apt comparison but it seemed rather strange.

• Fire 2