Olympic Wrestling ... Day 5

That much was almost bs how they were doing everything to gift Yaz. I hate it he got hurt, but at what point do you credit the other guy? And the Bulgarian should've attacked the right arm. I'm sorry, this is for Gold. You do what it takes, legally, to win. Glad he did win. 

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Yazdani started calling for injury time in the first period when it was 1-0.  It would be weird to be faking an injury there.

New to freestyle wrestling?  Probably tweaked something but he was far from injured.  He wouldn't have been able to post on his right arm and butt scoot while fighting off that leg turk if he was legitimately injured

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

4 minutes ago, pawrestler said:

Sorry what does that mean? 

From Article 15:

If the UWW doctors can prove that a wrestler simulates an injury for whatever reasons to avoid competing against his opponent, he will be disqualified, placed last in the ranking, without any rank and the note “Dsq” near to his name.

https://uww.org/sites/default/files/2019-12/wrestling_rules.pdf

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

If the UWW doctors can prove that a wrestler simulates an injury for whatever reasons to avoid competing against his opponent, he will be disqualified, placed last in the ranking, without any rank and the note “Dsq” near to his name.

Right that makes sense. Didn’t realize they did that, thank you!

2 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Fine I'll make the obvious joke. Does Lee accept his silver or does he inj dft out of the medal ceremony?

Okay... time for the gratuitous outrage gif:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952i9ky33zdpppg5j8hany

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

3 minutes ago, Lleynor said:

That much was almost bs how they were doing everything to gift Yaz. I hate it he got hurt, but at what point do you credit the other guy? And the Bulgarian should've attacked the right arm. I'm sorry, this is for Gold. You do what it takes, legally, to win. Glad he did win. 

The Bulgarian is a worthy champion.  He looked dumbfounded in the last 30 seconds. What a wild bout 

6 minutes ago, Lleynor said:

"Sweep the arm" ?

(with apologies to Karate Kid)

Edited by lightweight
  • Bob 1

2 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

Biggest upset of mens tournament ? Did not see dake going down. He was on a mission and has been through the fire for this moment.

Seriously ...not trolling....when a guy gets praised up and down like cael he deserves criticism when he fails and this is legitimate failures that are frankly embarrassing. 

Burroughs talking about how takatani scouted so well

Let's call it what it is - cael DID NOT have dake prepared and no sideline adjustments.  He didn't have brooks ready for that situation.

The current most overrated thing in sports right now is cael Sanderson freestyle coaching. Large chance brooks and dake get to finals with another coach. Facts. 

Forgot to go over par teere with rby too.   

4 minutes ago, pawrestler said:

Right that makes sense. Didn’t realize they did that, thank you!

No worries. I wasn't sure until I noticed the doc grab him as he exited. The Iranian coaches started to object and the doc waved them off and put both arms around Yaz. When Yaz raised his arm in protest, the doc pulled it down like he wanted to check it. I was looking at the rules yesterday and thought I saw something about the independence of the UWW docs in these situations.

• Brain 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Voice of the Quakers said:

Spencer has been very gracious on the medal stand. Love to see it.

What are you talking about he looks like he wants to crawl in a hole and die, just like every other silver medalist who has to go up.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1
  • Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Would y’all consider 5 medals but no champs a failure or disappointment for men’s freestyle? 

Failure in any year, but especially a year with no Russia. We should be debating asterisks not coaching philosophies.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet