Rby looks sucked down???

10 minutes ago, Caveira said:

IMG_5998.jpeg

IMG_5999.webp

Olympic weights go from 125 pounds to 143 pounds. RBY competed in college at 133, and chose to go down to 125. So he had to lose 6% of his competition weight — which is a tough assignment. 

16 minutes ago, peanut said:

Olympic weights go from 125 pounds to 143 pounds. RBY competed in college at 133, and chose to go down to 125. So he had to lose 6% of his competition weight — which is a tough assignment. 

I’m aware of the weights.  This is likely pre dehydration too…..   when are weigh ins ?

3 minutes ago, Caveira said:

I’m aware of the weights.  This is likely pre dehydration too…..   when are weigh ins ?

Even if it is pre-dehydration, he isn't going to walk around at 145lbs while waiting to go ~125.7lbs.  He would walk around in the 140-143 weight and would pull off ~10lbs his last day.  His senior year he was closer to ~138lbs rather than 140-143lbs.

Even if you do the match at 138lbs, to be the same approximate amount of weight cut, he is going to be ~130.4lbs to weigh in at 57 KG (~125.7lbs).

He is probably the most strict he has ever been on weight management.  This is the Olympics and it is quite likely he won't try for it in 2028, so this is his one go of it.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

49 minutes ago, mspart said:

Only for the French wrestlers.   🤣

mspart

Their pre-weigh in meal consists of French Fries w/ French Dressing, & French Toast using French Bread.

(After eating all that, they would be Better Off Dead... 😏)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

2 hours ago, D3 for LU said:

Their pre-weigh in meal consists of French Fries w/ French Dressing, & French Toast using French Bread.

D3

image.thumb.png.7ac9920c05bb28fd59389f6b6cfeb92e.png

Gee, I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky. 

• Haha 4

Insert catchy tagline here. 

55 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

Yall better hold off on these RBY expectations. 

Flo has really pushed the agenda that he is a contender. While he has not lost in his small sample of senior level matches, he has by no means looked good to me and I think all his competitions have been +2kg.

13 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Flo has really pushed the agenda that he is a contender. While he has not lost in his small sample of senior level matches, he has by no means looked good to me and I think all his competitions have been +2kg.

Its the Reece Humphrey Worlds or Freshman Austin Desanto deal... hell even Zain's first Worlds,, somebody made me a straight up bet on here (I offered 4:1 and even offered simply medals) that he wins GOLD.... they paid which was cool, but it was just insane how the hype outweighed reality.
Some attention gets behind some athletes and everyone somehow forgets about the competition. 

I'd be semi-shocked if he (RBY) wins more than one match (2 in a row feels impossible, but maybe Repachage)

46 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

Its the Reece Humphrey Worlds or Freshman Austin Desanto deal... hell even Zain's first Worlds,, somebody made me a straight up bet on here (I offered 4:1 and even offered simply medals) that he wins GOLD.... they paid which was cool, but it was just insane how the hype outweighed reality.
Some attention gets behind some athletes and everyone somehow forgets about the competition. 

I'd be semi-shocked if he (RBY) wins more than one match (2 in a row feels impossible, but maybe Repachage)

With all due respects, Malik Amine won more matches than Zain Retherford at the same tournament a few years back.

Draw matters.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

With all due respects, Malik Amine won more matches than Zain Retherford at the same tournament a few years back.

Draw matters.

Draw absolutely matters, there's just guys he will be favored against and guys he won't and there's more guys he wont.....

RBY is absolutely favored over.
Darian Cruz (I think)
Maybe the Egyptian Gamal Mohamed
or Dimantino Luna Fafe

But Egorov, Lee,  Uulu, Rzazade, Zou, Abdullaev, Aman, Abakarov, Kartbay, Harutyunyan, Higuchi, and even Micic (based on experience alone, ignore the world title) You'd have to consider him an underdog, things can be wacky, but it just seems more likely RBY draws a tough guy, and if he miraculously pulls it off, he is rewarded but another tough one.  

1 hour ago, Spladle08 said:

Draw absolutely matters, there's just guys he will be favored against and guys he won't and there's more guys he wont.....

RBY is absolutely favored over.
Darian Cruz (I think)
Maybe the Egyptian Gamal Mohamed
or Dimantino Luna Fafe

But Egorov, Lee,  Uulu, Rzazade, Zou, Abdullaev, Aman, Abakarov, Kartbay, Harutyunyan, Higuchi, and even Micic (based on experience alone, ignore the world title) You'd have to consider him an underdog, things can be wacky, but it just seems more likely RBY draws a tough guy, and if he miraculously pulls it off, he is rewarded but another tough one.  

thats the difference with the olympics, you are hard pressed to find someone who is not at least talented and savy. You get guys at worlds that are just not on the level.

• Brain 1

idk what to think of RBY's chances to make a full run.

but i think he'll be fine Day 1.

initially i thought the idea of him at 57 was too much. but he looked fine in Mexico, which was standard weigh ins.

• Bob 1

TBD

The Pan Am Olympic qualifier was 57kg scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/29/2024 at 12:00 PM, D3 for LU said:

D3

And Peru 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐