Aaron Brooks doesn't lift

3 hours ago, pokemonster said:

I don't drink either. I mean I drank last weekend, but I don't drink. I liked it when I did drink though, it was cool. But I don't drink. 

Mitch hedburg line "I used to do drugs, I still do, but I used to too."

• Haha 4

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

23 hours ago, peanut said:

Apparently Joe Rogan works out with kettlebells only. Is that a common habit these days?

You can get a lot out of kettlebell workouts, surprisingly, which makes them great for home workouts (which I am sure is the most beneficial way to workout for a guy like Rogan).  But home workouts are really predicated on whether you can overcome the distractions that come with being in your house.

8 hours ago, BloodRound said:

You can get a lot out of kettlebell workouts, surprisingly, which makes them great for home workouts (which I am sure is the most beneficial way to workout for a guy like Rogan).  But home workouts are really predicated on whether you can overcome the distractions that come with being in your house.

The TRT doesn't hurt, either.

Lots of people are throwing around the concept of “not lifting” but what they really mean is they aren’t doing traditional lifting. There is still tons of medicine ball lifts, and kettle bells, and body weight stuff. 

With that said, Oklahoma State hasn’t touched any weights since Taylor got there. 

Edited by MinnesotaMustang

6 hours ago, MinnesotaMustang said:

Lots of people are throwing around the concept of “not lifting” but what they really mean is they aren’t doing traditional lifting. There is still tons of medicine ball lifts, and kettle bells, and body weight stuff. 

With that said, Oklahoma State hasn’t touched any weights since Taylor got there. 

In the interview Pyles asked if he was doing body weight stuff and he said no.

Seems what Brooks really meant is he may not have lifted for a couple months

5 hours ago, Dawai said:

So he was doing competitive weightlifting as a 9 year old? Yeah, he clearly was over exaggerating when he said he doesn't lift. Simply means he hasn't in a couple months. 

Edited by pokemonster

On 7/10/2024 at 9:58 AM, peanut said:

Apparently Joe Rogan works out with kettlebells only. Is that a common habit these days?

There's tons of different workout regiments these days.  I started training with resistance bands , cardio, and pull ups/pushups.  I'll probably never go to a gym again

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Was shocked to hear Brooks say he doesn't lift and even more shocked by his response that he "just wrestles". I was expecting him to say something like " I don't lift, but I do 500 push ups a day, 150 pull ups, and 250 sit ups." I would guess he is not trying to give away too many trade secrets less than a month away from the biggest and highest stakes tournament of his life...

PNWfan