Bo Bassett Narrows His College List..........From 80 to 73

Dumb.  Just a way to get views on his instagram.  He 100% has it narrowed down to 2-3 schools.  Nobody thinks he still considering North Dakota st, Bucknell or SIUE.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, HungusMungus said:

this could be the dumbest thing I've ever read, all for show, he clearly isn't going to Wisconsin-Parkside 

Seriously...he isn't going to UW-Parkside??  Whhhaaattt???

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Wildcat92 said:

Dumb.  Just a way to get views on his instagram.  He 100% has it narrowed down to 2-3 schools.  Nobody thinks he still considering North Dakota st, Bucknell or SIUE.

He's a kid, he's allowed to be dumb, the fact that Flo is running with it is embarassing.

• Bob 6
  • Fire 4
  • Haha 2
  • Jagger 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

26 minutes ago, Wildcat92 said:

25 minutes ago, HungusMungus said:

this could be the dumbest thing I've ever read, all for show, he clearly isn't going to Wisconsin-Parkside 

19 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

He's a kid, he's allowed to be dumb, the fact that Flo is running with it is embarassing.

All three of you miss the bigger picture. Of course its all for show. Like it or not social media runs our lives now. Bo has 106k followers on IG. He's making money doing IG. Why would he not promote his account? Why would Flo not capitalize on his fame and make money of their own off him? 

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

I actually think it's kind of a cool concept. Obviously, the real options for him are far smaller than what he's posting but as he narrows it down it will get exciting given the magnitude his commitment has. He's building his brand I don't think you can really fault him for that and obviously like it or not people are tuning into it on both his page and flows so its working on both ends.

• Brain 1

5 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I actually think it's kind of a cool concept. Obviously, the real options for him are far smaller than what he's posting but as he narrows it down it will get exciting given the magnitude his commitment has. He's building his brand I don't think you can really fault him for that and obviously like it or not people are tuning into it on both his page and flows so its working on both ends.

I think it is less cool.  It's a long drawn out version of LeBron's "The Decision" crossed with Amazon's HQ2 bid process.

• Bob 1

it's not my style and I think there is a little bit too much "look at me" in our society overall but I think this is also the type of engagement baiting that wrestling needs to become more popular. Besides, if I don't like something, I have the complete freedom of ignoring it. I like Basset as a wrestler, a lot, but I haven't watched a single piece of his social media content and don't plan on doing it until the day he commits to Iowa.

• Bob 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I like Basset as a wrestler, a lot, but I haven't watched a single piece of his social media content and don't plan on doing it until the day he commits to Iowa.

Waiting-Memes-52918.jpg

• Haha 1

Kind of a boring tactic to stay relevant over the summer, but maybe he's doing it for more than attention.

7 is a strange number of schools to cut each week, but doing so gets him down to a top 10 around the start of the school year. That gives him some time to spread the word and get people to start paying attention as we turn our focus back to college wrestling after the Olympics. Then if he eliminates 1 school per week from his top 10 he could build enough engagement to drive up his marketing valuation and create an NIL bidding war among his top 3 or 4 schools, which I'm sure he already has in mind.

At least I'm hoping he's being strategic about this social media stunt.

18 minutes ago, johnstownsteel said:

My cousins boy is on the baseball team there.  Loves the place. 

I meant no disrespect to VMI, just playing around. Know quite a few who have gone there including a teammate in HS who did win a SoCon title. 

4 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Agreed. There’s doing a lot, but then there’s just doing too much. Hopefully next Wednesday he cuts this list to like 25.

4 hours ago, RandolphTJones said:

Bo speaks to FLO saying he will be updating this list every Wednesday. What's everyones thoughts on this unique process?

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/12648837-bo-bassett-narrows-his-school-list

What he is doing is good for the sport.... plus you know you will be looking every week to see if your team  is still on the list (everyone will), even if you are George Mason. Bringing some fun, some hope and some attention to the sport, while being a good ambassador and quality person. It's not like he's taking his talents to South Beach. 

Edited by Idaho
  • Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 hours ago, jackwebster said:

My guess is that he didn't invent this shtick. How many football/b-ball guys have already done this?

Don’t think many football recruits draw it out like this. Plus football recruiting is wayyyyyy different. 

54 minutes ago, 11986 said:

I meant no disrespect to VMI, just playing around. Know quite a few who have gone there including a teammate in HS who did win a SoCon title. 

What happened to Charley Branch?

Edited by jackwebster

I am certainly not for guys doing the "look at me, look at me" thing. However, Bo literally does everything the right way. Dude wins with class, loses with class, trains hard, lives the "right way" and is very accessible to people that love wrestling...as a high schooler! For a high school wrestler to have a social media following over 100k is pretty amazing. He's great for the sport and I personally think what he's doing with his recruitment - being very open to the public and truly appreciating the process is refreshing. I'm tuning in. Most of ya'll are also tuning in. Doing this "Bo Style" is good for the sport imo. 

• Potato 1