What is this about?

the more this goes on the more i think its gonna be really grey area...i dont believe usaw is trying to cover up for a full blown pedophile.

Flo should be finding the pertinent details but they suck...

• Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

27 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

the more this goes on the more i think its gonna be really grey area...i dont believe usaw is trying to cover up for a full blown pedophile.

I mean....doesn't history tell us that is exactly what organizations do?  USA gymnastics, the Catholoc Church, PSU football.

• Bob 4

24 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I mean....doesn't history tell us that is exactly what organizations do?  USA gymnastics, the Catholoc Church, PSU football.

those narratives are very compelling so we know about them, doesnt make them normal, and in all your examples the conspirators seem like they had way more to lose.

43 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

those narratives are very compelling so we know about them, doesnt make them normal, and in all your examples the conspirators seem like they had way more to lose.

Those are just the most famous scandals, but I'm not sure that I'd agree thay USA gymnastics had THAT much more at risk than USA wrestling.  But there are hundreds and thousands of scandals like that,  both on big (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal) and small scales (This one just happened where i live: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wcjb.com/2024/05/31/former-vanguard-high-school-dean-arrested-sexual-offenses-against-students/%3foutputType=amp , but this is a tale as old as time; then you have the intrafamily stories of the "don't leave kids alone with Uncle Jim..." variety.)

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Vak, Obviously on Hrovat's side on this issue but him posting it online how open is he to say defamation?  Is he legally protected bringing this issue to a public forum?

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 hour ago, Formally140 said:

Unfortunately, this is probably going to set a precedent. Enabling other nonsense and protecting of people who shouldn't be. 

I wonder how long it'll go on or if it'll actually get exposed 

The precedent has been going on for years, unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Vak, Obviously on Hrovat's side on this issue but him posting it online how open is he to say defamation?  Is he legally protected bringing this issue to a public forum?

Extremely unlikely IMO, unless Hrovat were just outright lying.  Truth is a complete defense to anything like that (defamation/slander/libel).  Also opinions and whistleblowing have protections as well.

• Bob 2

1 hour ago, billyhoyle said:

The precedent has been going on for years, unfortunately. 

I'm aware. It's one of the trends that has me reconsidering how much longer I want to be involved in this world honestly 

7 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

... but is that their job?  Maybe they should also be investigating why Jimmy doesn't pay his debts.  🤔

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

... but is that their job?  Maybe they should also be investigating why Jimmy doesn't pay his debts.  🤔

i would joyously flabbergasted by either

9 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

What is the reason for the letter? It does not specify what was supposedly done.

"Actions toward other coaches". Left purposely vague bc there were no actions toward other coaches worthy of suspension.