Transfer Portal

nhs67

3 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Dean wasn’t a regular run of the mill portal guy…the ivy cancelled a whole season , had whispers that might do it again and I believe dean wasn’t a big fan of the ridiculous Covid and vax polices of Cornell and NY , he literally walked on at penn state with no scholarship $$ or guarantee of a spot ..I’m sure dean would’ve preferred to finish school at Cornell in a perfect world 

Still... the transfer portal is out of control.  And he was one of the biggest names and biggest beneficiaries in it's history.

Everyone has their own reasons, and all wish for a "perfect world."

I tend to really like Dave Dean and Gabe Dean, but this struck me as a bit hypocritical.

"The transfer portal is out of control... but it was great for us and a lot of these other kids shouldn't be able to take advantage of it like we did!"

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Fire 1

couldn't find any news about it, but saw that Dominick Serrano is on the Northern Colorado team page.  Wrestlestat has him still with Nebraska

Serrano posted he was committing there on December 29th - Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

couldn't find any news about it, but saw that Dominick Serrano is on the Northern Colorado team page.  Wrestlestat has him still with Nebraska

Maybe wrestlestat won't release him!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 5:24 PM, nhs67 said:

A few notable new entries:

Jake Woodley (197) of Oklahoma

Serrano (133) and Haas (184) of Nebraska

Koonzt (125) and Koonzt (133) or the Ohio State

Woodley will be a one-off but worth it wherever he goes.  Michigan needs a 197lber badly.

The Koontz bros could start and compete for a MAC or SOCON title almost immediately if the right school arises.

Serrano and Haas would surthrive in the MAC or SOCON as well.

Haas is officially going to Cal Baptist

• Fire 1

On 1/28/2023 at 9:53 PM, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Also, what happened with the Tagg brothers? I know Gabe transferred to SDSU but he hasn’t wrestled this year? Also, I never saw if the other brother landed anywhere. 

and what happened to Ryan Anderson? Is he not wrestling at Binghamton anymore? Or is he injured? 

echo all of the questions you have asked.  I am (was?) an Anderson fan after the mountain dew chug

4 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Yara back in the portal

So that's weird... Why go into the portal  toward the end of the season, ranked in the top 10 at 20-3 and having wrestled just last week? Injured? 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just now, Idaho said:

So that's weird... Why go into the portal  toward the end of the season, ranked in the top 10 at 20-3 and having wrestled just last week? Injured? 

Does it grant him permission to have talks with coaches maybe? Otherwise I think it could just be a matter of trying to further broadcast his availability.  

11 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Does it grant him permission to have talks with coaches maybe? Otherwise I think it could just be a matter of trying to further broadcast his availability.  

He can't transfer now without being done for the season, which he obviously wouldn't' want to do .

Going into the portal now, toward the end of the season, would just be an awkward situation for the coaches and team as they get ready for the post season.  The timing just seems weird. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

He can't transfer now without being done for the season, which he obviously wouldn't' want to do .

Going into the portal now, toward the end of the season, would just be an awkward situation for the coaches and team as they get ready for the post season.  The timing just seems weird. 

I'm just saying he did the exact same thing last season.   If so, seems like it's not a big deal with the team, or by now its just water under the bridge

I believe it has to do with him having one year left, but his degree will be complete at Harvard - ergo he has to go if he wishes to use his last year of up.

More like letting folks know he wants money come April.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me