Any Brooks news?

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I'm doubting it would come to that, but could potentially get weird from the time of the positive test in the Fall.  I don't think anyone will really want to see that happen.

I’m totally slippery sloping ….. but could it impact team titles ?   The scoring record ?   If he’s illegally on peds maybe it should.  

26 minutes ago, Caveira said:

I’m guessing if he gets bounced from the Olympics the ncaa could take some of his ncaa titles away no?   

I suppose it is theoretically possible, but is there precedence for the NCAA vacating individual accomplishments for a failed test like this in wrestling?  I don't recall them stripping Fix of anything.  Maybe he just had fortunate timing as he was Olympic redshirting the year he failed a test.

7 minutes ago, fishbane said:

I suppose it is theoretically possible, but is there precedence for the NCAA vacating individual accomplishments for a failed test like this in wrestling?  I don't recall them stripping Fix of anything.  Maybe he just had fortunate timing as he was Olympic redshirting the year he failed a test.

Thy suspended him, but indeed it was during his redshirt.

4 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

100% lying.

Keep in mind there are three types of lies: 

1. lies of of commission

2.  lies of omission

3. character lies

Brooks is certainly not being truthful in one or more of those ways.

Which one is it then? 

lies of commission, which entails making a flat-out untrue statement, I missed where he had the flat out falsehood.

Omissions are not necessarily untrue, but they are misleading.  If he had a TUE wouldn't that mean you can nullify the lies of omission?  

Character lies are not necessarily untrue either, but they do attempt to create a false or misleading impression.   Was he taking Vyvanse for ADHD or a competative advantage?    I have a hard time believing its the latter. 

without the whole story,  it's hard to say if he will be sanctioned. 

12 minutes ago, fishbane said:

On FRL today CP got a text mid show that Aaron Brooks was cleared by WADA.

Oh no,  if True there will be gnashing of teeth by the anti brooks crowd.  

I hope its true,  I hope it wasn't a lie.  

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Great to hear! Go Aaron! Go USA!

I think you are telling a lie.  100%  you are obviouly not happy to hear it.     You were 100% sure that Brooks was lying. 😂

• Bob 1
  • Wrestle 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

I think you are telling a lie.  100%  you are obviouly not happy to hear it.     You were 100% sure that Brooks was lying. 😂

I think he left stuff out, but I am all for him winning a gold.  Who else would I root for?

(And I will still never support Fix)

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

14 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

He's lucky............... I wonder who paid for the lawyers, hopefully Mr Brooks himself.

All that being said, good for Aaron and USA, I'm hoping he gets to go against Yazdani. 

Still throwin shade.  

18 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

He's lucky............... I wonder who paid for the lawyers, hopefully Mr Brooks himself.

All that being said, good for Aaron and USA, I'm hoping he gets to go against Yazdani. 

Chael said that if WADA had authority any money spent on lawyers would be a waste.  I suppose this could be interpreted multiple ways.  One way would be that winning is impossible.  Another would be that if you had a winnable case hiring a lawyer would not increase your chances of winning.  

31 minutes ago, fishbane said:

Chael said that if WADA had authority any money spent on lawyers would be a waste.  I suppose this could be interpreted multiple ways.  One way would be that winning is impossible.  Another would be that if you had a winnable case hiring a lawyer would not increase your chances of winning.  

Have you considered the possibility that Chael Sonnen doesn't know what he's talking about here?

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1

4 hours ago, Le duke said:

Have you considered the possibility that Chael Sonnen doesn't know what he's talking about here?

Chael is a bonehead,  for a former wrestler he comes off as semi clueless.  he constantly gets stats wrong,  calls folk college style and explains like he is talking to a bunch of elementary kids that have never heard of wrestling.    A point that can be made in 30 seconds fills a 12 minute clip.  

6 hours ago, Le duke said:

he might not know what he is talking about but it takes him a really long time to say it

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

On 5/16/2024 at 8:33 AM, Wrestleknownothing said:

You are being hypocritical when you say it is not about PSU, but about PSU fans.

There is a major difference between the Fix situation and this situation. In the Fix situation we had a statement of facts released by the investigating authority. Here we have a Minnow rumor followed by a fan-boy interview with softball questions.

I'm confused why multiple people have commented about "a Minnow rumor," considering the athlete himself acknowledged that the only thing that was wrong about the Minnow rumor was the name of the specific drug.

Glad to hear he's been cleared, hopefully he learned his lesson.

• Bob 1

12 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I'm confused why multiple people have commented about "a Minnow rumor," considering the athlete himself acknowledged that the only thing that was wrong about the Minnow rumor was the name of the specific drug.

Glad to hear he's been cleared, hopefully he learned his lesson.

The Vyvanse should help that.

• Haha 2