Who transfers to OSU with DT?

I don't think he brings anyone from PSU.   I don't think he was as involved with the PSU guys as the RTC guys.   And from the look of him at the Trials, he may not have been that involved with the RTC guys.  

mspart

• Bob 2

2 hours ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

Taylor needs to bring in 

Kyle Parco 149-157 ASU

Andrew Alirez 141-149 UNCO

Wyatt Hendrickson 285 Air Force

Anyone else who can AA at OSU 

I doubt that's the direction he's going to go.

I think people are thinking more along the lines of...PJ Duke or young HS studs that can develop and help Okie St actually contend year in and year out. 

I'd bet money that HE wanted assurances(aside from his salary which...I'm sure will be the highest in the NCAA) that they'd fund the RTC, they'd provide money so he can have a Casey Cunningham type #1, and a well-paid staff and just money for the infrastructure so he can rebuilt the program and take them back to where they were just 20 years ago. 

• Bob 2

4 minutes ago, mspart said:

I don't think he brings anyone from PSU.   I don't think he was as involved with the PSU guys as the RTC guys.   And from the look of him at the Trials, he may not have been that involved with the RTC guys.  

mspart

I disagree. I bet someone will. 

I think that would be incredible.   But I don't think so but you  never know.   It wasn't like he was the HC and is moving to another school.   He wasn't even an assistant.   That is what I am basing my opinion on.   But, you could  be right, but I will be surprised if he pulls any  PSU folks  to his  new dojo. 

mspart

OSU does have a pretty solid squad.  It’d need to be a guy that could be top 5 or so to really make a difference. I didn’t realize Kasak was an M2 guy.  He’d probably be the only bigger name current PSU guy that I wouldn’t be surprised to see go to OSU, especially if he doesn’t want to redshirt which most seem to think he’ll do next year at PSU.

40 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

I do not think that is accurate. A number of current wrestlers (Kasak and Haines) and incoming recruits go through M2.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

I was unaware of that.   They may have some loyalty to DT, but they are now with CS and CC at PSU.   Proven track record.   Tough to walk away from that.   But I can see M2 folks going, I just was unaware of them.

mspart

1 minute ago, mspart said:

I was unaware of that.   They may have some loyalty to DT, but they are now with CS and CC at PSU.   Proven track record.   Tough to walk away from that.   But I can see M2 folks going, I just was unaware of them.

mspart

I have seen Jax Forrest and Bo Bassett mentioned as M2 guys. The thing about Kasak and Haines is they are in the middle of a logjam, especially with Starocci coming back. If not them, then perhaps some other would be starter. Or maybe one, or more, of their vaunted second or third string guys like Cochran or Barraclough (already in the portal).

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

He did not look sharp.   I have no idea how much work he did to prepare for the Trials but it obviously was not enough.   DT was great.   Multi world champ and Oly champ.   His legacy is cemented.   I hope he will be a great coach for OSU.   That program needs serious help.  

mspart

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I have seen Jax Forrest and Bo Bassett mentioned as M2 guys. The thing about Kasak and Haines is they are in the middle of a logjam, especially with Starocci coming back. If not them, then perhaps some other would be starter. Or maybe one, or more, of their vaunted second or third string guys like Cochran or Barraclough (already in the portal).

Forrest and Bassett both wrestled at Young Guns,    they may have spot trained at M2, but its 1.5 hours from Bishop McCort and YG is 20 minutes. . 

Edited by Threadkilla
  • Bob 1

He may not be a HC, but he is the poster boy for what a full lifecycle at PSU/NLWC can look like, he is the OG core of Cael’s brand.  

He’s one of maybe 5 people who know the process front to back.  The only one who is more vintage Cael brand is Varner.  

• Bob 1

10 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I was thinking Cochran or Barraclaugh but they would still be in a battle to start.  Cochran would probably need to bump up to HWT and beat out Doucet

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zahnarzt said:

With Dean Hamiti transferring, how much do his chances of winning a NC go up now that he’ll be under the tutelage of DT?

Have you seen the videos of Hamiti and Plott rolling around?  They're awesome.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Please share. 

I don't even remember where I saw it, to be honest.  I just remember thinking that both of them looked slick.

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)

Who’s standing in the way of Hamiti winning a NC at 165 next season?  Mesenbrink or Haines?  Caliendo?  Ramirez?

O’toole and Starocci going 174 next season?

Edited by Zahnarzt

4 minutes ago, Zahnarzt said:

Who’s standing in the way of Hamiti winning a NC at 165 next season?  Mesenbrink or Haines?  Caliendo?  Ramirez?

O’toole and Starocci going 174 next season?

He would have to enter Big 12s at 165lbs to be considered for seeding purposes, wildcard or not, at NCAAs.

He is going 174lbs.

Also, Starocci is going 197lbs next year.  Yes O'Toole is going 174lbs.

On 5/7/2024 at 7:45 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

To my knowledge they train mostly at young guns, Jody corner Jax at pretty much everything. That being said I think his relationship with Daton is a big reason David made sure to keep daton on at Oklahoma state.

• Bob 1

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Have you seen the videos of Hamiti and Plott rolling around?  They're awesome.

Thinking about everyone in the NCAA I feel like Hamiti has the most untapped potential. I cannot even think of a guy that could hope to push him in that room nor did he have coaches that could get the most out of his style. He has always showed moments of brilliance (the first 5 minutes against MM) I think the sky could truly be the limit for him in this new training environment. 

• Bob 1